Wiki Posts
Search

Air China First Class on IAH-PEK Route?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Air China First Class on IAH-PEK Route?

Is Air China flying its top first class product on the IAH-PEK? How good or not good is it the hard and soft product?

How does it compare to things like Asiana Suites and LH A380 F?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just do the search! There are quite a few trip reports on FT - general consensus is that hard product is great, soft product is not bad, IFE is mostly in Mandarin, so bring your iPad.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:09 am

If its the 777-300ER this is what you can expect
http://fabflyer.net/air-china-b777-3...n-first-class/

On a different note, I see that Air China offers ground transportation in Beijing for F class flights.
http://airchina.us/en/bmw.html

Is this service entirely for revenue flights or do they offer it for F Award tickets booked through UA?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:20 am

here is a news article I came across too that is relevant

http://www.eturbonews.com/41227/air-...city-us-market
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Just do the search! There are quite a few trip reports on FT - general consensus is that hard product is great, soft product is not bad, IFE is mostly in Mandarin, so bring your iPad.
And when he says bring your iPad, he means ALL electronic items are forbidden for use during the entire duration of the flight. Gameboys, dvd players, things that clearly wouldn't have even the possibility of a wireless communication signal. I just suffered through 11 hours from PEK to SFO. First and last AC flight. Don't get me started on the "food". I wouldn't feed it to my dead enemy.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxp2b
And when he says bring your iPad, he means ALL electronic items are forbidden for use during the entire duration of the flight. Gameboys, dvd players, things that clearly wouldn't have even the possibility of a wireless communication signal. I just suffered through 11 hours from PEK to SFO. First and last AC flight. Don't get me started on the "food". I wouldn't feed it to my dead enemy.
Really, that bad? No wonder they call it forbidden pavilion.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pdxp2b
That's not correct. Cell phones, regardless of flight mode, are banned for the whole duration of the flight. Other electronic items such as iPad, iPod, iMac are allowed except take-off/landing.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Originally Posted by Szamboti
If its the 777-300ER this is what you can expect
http://fabflyer.net/air-china-b777-3...n-first-class/

On a different note, I see that Air China offers ground transportation in Beijing for F class flights.
http://airchina.us/en/bmw.html

Is this service entirely for revenue flights or do they offer it for F Award tickets booked through UA?
I hope its for award travel too
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by explorer84
I hope its for award travel too
Are there still airlines that provide fewer services for award passengers?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Are there still airlines that provide fewer services for award passengers?
Trick question? CA does not offer ground transportation on award tickets.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
What is the lounge situation for the IAH-PEK flight, given that it leaves at 1 am? Does the UA lounge in E stay open? What about the contract lounge in D for LH/EK/QR? Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by st530
What is the lounge situation for the IAH-PEK flight, given that it leaves at 1 am? Does the UA lounge in E stay open? What about the contract lounge in D for LH/EK/QR? Thanks.
According to united.com, the United Club in Terminal E closes already at 11:30pm. I suspect Air China flies from Terminal D and uses the contract lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
According to united.com, the United Club in Terminal E closes already at 11:30pm. I suspect Air China flies from Terminal D and uses the contract lounge.
Thanks. After posting, it occurred to me to look on the Star Alliance lounge finder. It showed only the United Clubs as being available. I guess I'll find out.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:42 pm

Woops, this thread says they indeed use the contract lounge in D. So much for the reliability of the Star Alliance lounge finder!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...na-flight.html
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:46 pm

I have seen mixed reviews on the food and IFE system in first. Any recent reports of food, wine, champagne and IFE would be appreciated.

If you have to bring your own entertainment, and get mediocre quality food, wine and champagne, is it really first class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.