Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer/BA Blue/AB Classic
So should I pre-order fish dishes over meat for my flights LHR-BKK-TPE next month?

Got a choice of Sea Bass or Cod LHR-BKK and Snapper or Perch BKK-TPE

Last edited by BlakeySFC; Feb 27, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I found the BR service to be friendly, but not in a bubbly sense - just very efficient, accommodating, and authentic/genuine.
Me as well. I haven't flown SQ recently but CX, yes. I definitely preferred the BR crew. Very genuine, and they certainly were very polite. My wife is Caucasian, so she had 2-3 FA's who attended to her. I speak Mandarin and I'll admit the service standard was a bit different between my wife and I, but hands down, the best service I've ever received. Love BR.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by asiadxer
Lately they have offered Burger as Snack on both TPE-NA and NA-TPE Biz flights. By the way you can also request Burger for your main meals.
How do you request burger as the main meal? Can I reserve one as snack too?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I think meant request with the FA when you get on and not a prebook.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
How do you request burger as the main meal? Can I reserve one as snack too?
You cannot preorder/reserve the Burger. After you board the plane, the FA would ask for your meal selection. Just tell her that you would like to have the Burger as your Main Meal and/or Refreshing Meal. You will get the full course like appetizer and desert, and the Burger for the entree. You can order the Burger as snack almost anytime on board.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Here's my recent BR JFK-TPE flight with food & thoughts: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24431829-post5.html
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You cannot preorder/reserve the Burger. After you board the plane, the FA would ask for your meal selection. Just tell her that you would like to have the Burger as your Main Meal and/or Refreshing Meal. You will get the full course like appetizer and desert, and the Burger for the entree. You can order the Burger as snack almost anytime on board.
My recent YYZ TPE YYZ flights had the burger available as a pre-order - but as the entree, not a snack. Unless you just wanted something easy and light, it would be a waste to order the burger for the meal instead of just requesting it as a snack.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
My recent YYZ TPE YYZ flights had the burger available as a pre-order - but as the entree, not a snack. Unless you just wanted something easy and light, it would be a waste to order the burger for the meal instead of just requesting it as a snack.
To second our friendly poster, my recent YYZ TPE YYZ flight, my wife had the entree. She was asked dim sum or the burger as a snack, she opted for the burger, so she got her entree and the burger as part of the flight, afterwards I may have chastised her for doing so
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: FT
I'll point out on my TPE-SIN flight, the option I posted above, the beef noodles, did not note that it was Din Tai Fung in the preorder that I selected but it was in fact, DTF. I'd post pics and a TR from my recent Yyz-TPe-sin-TPe-yyz but unless somethings change around FT, I don't see that taking place. I did enjoy the new design for linens, menus etc.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer/BA Blue/AB Classic
Chose: Lamb for Supper, Apple Crepe with compote for Brekkie LHR-BKK
Deep Fried Chicken with Noodles for Dinner BKK-TPE
Fillet Steak in a Mushroom Sauce for Supper, Cheese Omelette with Chicken Sausage and Smoked Salmon for Brekkie TPE-BNE
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:13 pm

The Burger is not available for pre-order, either as a meal or "breakfast", on the upcoming BR 1 flight. Does that mean it won't be offered at all?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
The Burger is not available for pre-order, either as a meal or "breakfast", on the upcoming BR 1 flight. Does that mean it won't be offered at all?
The Burger is normally offered as Snack, so it would not be on the pre-order menu. You can only order it on board when the FA asks for your meal selection.
Check the Menu given out just after boarding, if the Burger is available for Snack, then you can order it for other meals.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: FT
The Burger is normally offered as Snack, so it would not be on the pre-order menu. You can only order it on board when the FA asks for your meal selection.
Check the Menu given out just after boarding, if the Burger is available for Snack, then you can order it for other meals.
just my 2 cents, but the meals are very good and i would have it and the burger as a snack perhaps a few hours after the meal?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
just my 2 cents, but the meals are very good and i would have it and the burger as a snack perhaps a few hours after the meal?
Are the burgers being offered as a "snack" between the main meal & breakfast?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are the burgers being offered as a "snack" between the main meal & breakfast?
Yes, that is the whole point of the burger - it's the midflight snack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.