Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RJ1
Just off BR7 SFO-TPE. Had preselected the stir fried shrimp & scallops. Disappointed. Scallops were tough and chewy, and the flavors in the dish were lacking. However, the breakfast was very good. Asparagus omelette and all the accompaniments very tasty.

First time on BR. Seat was a little hard. Would recommend placing the comforter flat on the seat and lay on top of it.
Does any airline get scallops right? Even most restaurants don't know to cook it 1 minute each side...let alone being cooked once and getting reheated on an airline...scallops are the LAST thing I'd' get in the air.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Does any airline get scallops right? Even most restaurants don't know to cook it 1 minute each side...let alone being cooked once and getting reheated on an airline...scallops are the LAST thing I'd' get in the air.
Don't blame it on the passenger. I would argue that if it cannot be gotten right, then the airlines should not offer it.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by username
Don't blame it on the passenger. I would argue that if it cannot be gotten right, then the airlines should not offer it.
I simply remarked that scallops are a difficult thing to cook, and impossible for an airline to not make it rubbery. It's a piece of cooking knowledge/advice to never try. Should the airlines offer it? No, but unless the poster knows how a scallop should be cooked, he/she might try it again, to the same detriment. It's helpful advice. Maybe someone has had scallops cooked properly and can chime in, but in my travels, never.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
First time on BR and flying JFK-EWR and get to see the menu in a few days and select.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer/BA Blue/AB Classic
I get to select my meals on the 17th of February I think, not seen many meals or reports on the LHR-TPE, TPE-BNE route I'm going on
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:03 pm
RJ1

I believe someone upthread recommended this dish, which is why I gave it a try.

A variation of it was offered on my return flight, and I didn't make the same mistake twice. Had the lamb chop, and while marginally better, it was really nothing special. The starter was supposed to be "peppered shrimp", but had no discernible seasoning at all. Bland, and again, way overcooked.

Overall, I found the RL food and service pretty mediocre. I can only compare it to one other Asian carrier, Asiana, which IMO was much, much better.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife says she had the option of scallops with her salad, in F on UA, once. They came out precisely as they should. I believe they did them on board.

Plus, since she was the only one who ordered them, she got four instead of two.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Nope. CA has a giant scallop on it's Mixed Seafood w/ Rice. It was worst than home-made 10x. I can't even cook, that's whats sad!

BR on the other hand had scallops on it's salad which was also crap.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
First time on BR and flying JFK-EWR and get to see the menu in a few days and select.
That's one short fifth freedom flight! And they offer meals in that short time, too?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by savekenny
That's one short fifth freedom flight! And they offer meals in that short time, too?
LOL I'm so used to always writing EWR since I rarely ever fly out of JFK that it just becomes second nature.
JFK-TPE and in 3 days get to check out the additional items to order.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: FT
i have an upcoming flight. is it just that catering out of YYZ sucks that there is only 2 additional choice.

YYZ-SIN Valid until:02/28/2015

Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce,Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Potato

Pan Seared Sea Bass with Cilantro Pesto Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables and Potato

Noodle Soup with Roasted Duck and Snow Cabbage Served with Kailan with Oyster Sauce

*Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken with Tomato Olive Oil Basil Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Creamy Polenta

*Roasted Truffle Crusted Salmon with Chive Cream Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Potato
* Exclusive meals not available on the inflight menu card.

Breakfast Meals

Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Chinese Sausage,Stir Fried Mixed Mushroom

Turkey and Vegetable Frittata with Chicken Sausage

Eggs Benedict

Then kind of surprised that no extra choice TPE - SIN? and not DTF option. is that common?

TPE-SINValid until:02/28/2015
Breakfast Meals

Taiwnese Plain Porridge serve with Cold Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat , Wok Fried Shredded Chicken with Mushroom and Asparagus

Chive Omelette with Pan Fried Chicken Sausage

Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup, and Traditional Cold Delicatessens
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:15 am

JFK-TPE 2/26
Supper
-Noodle Soup with BBQ Pork and Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens
-Grilled Prime Beef Fillet with Madeira Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Pepper Gnocchi
-Sauteed Shrimp and Scallop Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Pan Seared Pork Medallion Wrapped with Bacon with Marsala Sauce , Seasonal Vegetables, Risotto
*Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Fingerling Potato
*Stir Fried Chicken and Abalone with Oyster Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Bok Choy Rice
*Lamb Shank with Braising Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Spaetzel
*Beef Tenderloin with Shallot Butter, Seasonal Vegetables, Risotto
* Indicates special order menu
Breakfast
-Caramelized Onion Omelette with Bacon
-Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Cilantro and Shrimp, Stir Fried String Beans with Preserved Vegetables
-Egg Pancake with Yellow Leek and Chicken, Traditional Delicatessen and Red Date, Barley Sweet Gluten Rice Congee

I am going for the pork medallion. While I'm sure plenty of others would order the lobster I don't buy into getting something just because (what was once considered the rat of the sea fed to prisoners) is "fancy". I imagine they also buy the cheapest Rolex and BMW simply because they are those brands while there are many nicer things out there.
Trying the omelette. I would go for the congee but I have only had it once before and I am slightly skeptical about what I am going to feel like eating after 14 hours.

Last edited by JVPhoto; Feb 10, 2015 at 10:44 am
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:44 am

that looks good. and makes me even more annoyed by how crappy catering is at YYZ....

i agree about lobster. there has to be a time and a place and living in Canada, being able to get good size tales for about 3$CAD pretty much very often, means it's actually cheaper than other meat these days... ;-)
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Flight No BR 15 LAX-TPE Valid 03/01/2015 until 05/31/2015

Supper Meals
- Seared Chilean Bass with Corn Puree and Corn Succotash Served with Mixed Vegetables and Sweet Potato
- Truffle Poached Chicken Jidori with Truffle Veloute Served with Mixed Vegetables and Yellow Carrot Puree
- Dan-Zai Noodle Soup Served with Marinated Beef Shank and Cucumber
* Angus Prime Beef Fillet with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Blue Cheese Gnocchi
* Pork Belly with Taro and Fermented Beancurd Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice
* Lobster Thermidor, Seasonal Vegetables, Fingerling Potato
* Steamed Seabass with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice

Breakfast Meals
- Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Three Color Egg and King Oyster Mushroom with Basil
- Brie Cheese Frittata with Apple Wood Smoked Bacon
- Caramelized Banana Stuffed Crepe
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:57 am

Flight No:BR0226 SIN-TPE Valid until:05/31/2015
Lunch Meals
Pan Fried Cream Snapper with Citrus Butter Sauce, Mixed Vegetables and Pumpkin Mashed Potato
Soto Ayam Noodle Soup with Shredded Chicken and Bergedil
Braised Beef Tendon and Brisket with Oriental Spice Sauce,Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Chicken Parmigiana with Tomato Basil Sauce Served with Mixed Veggetables and Basmati Rice
*Sole Fish Fillet Stuffed with Shrimp with Chilli Crab Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Flight No:BR0036 TPE-YYZ Valid until:05/31/2015
Dinner Meals
Pan Fried Prime Beef Steak Topped with Goose Liver Mousse and Port Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potato
Braised Pork Spare Ribs with Red Yeast Fermented Rice Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Pan Fried Shrimp Rolled with Bacon Served with Creamy Assorted Mushroom Sauce, Mixed Vegetables and Penne Pasta
*Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
*Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
*Sous Vide Cod Fillet with Shaved Fennel and Celery Citrus Salsa Served with Steamed Red Potatoes
*Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles
*Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
*Meal service not required

Flight No:BR0036 TPE-YYZ Valid until:05/31/2015
Refreshing Meal Meals
Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Egg Patty with Green Bean and Mixed Vegetables with Duet Shimeji Mushroom
Egg Frittata with Orzo and Vegetables Served with Fine Mesclun Salad and Pan Fried Canadian Ham
Noodle Soup with Char Siew and Shrimp Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.