Air China / Domestic Business Class PEK-CKG

Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Air China / Domestic Business Class Question (PEK-CKG)

Hi,

what advantages do I have booking Air China dom. business class from Peking to Chonquing. I know, that the hard product is not really better compared to Y, but concerning ground services in PEK are there advantages, like good lounges, fast track security ... ?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by fflyer1; Jul 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fflyer1
Hi,

what advantages do I have booking Air China dom. business class from Peking to Chonquing. I know, that the hard product is not really better compared to Y, but concerning ground services in PEK are there advantages, like good lounges, fast track security ... ?

Thanks for your help!
If you're not paying, then go for it. If you are paying, then I would advise you to only do so if you can find a discounted fare. Assuming you are *G, you'll get lounge access++ even if you pick up an 80% discount. That having been said, the lounge hardly warrants a visit, and there are no special security lanes in T3. And, while the food in F is leagues better than the food in Y, there are better uses for the $100 you will save (I usually fly in Y and eat when I'm on the ground).
Old Jul 29, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: various
What moondog said. If on your dime, not worth springing for.

The only possible exception would be if you are close to making a status level on some other *A FFP which gives a bonus % for flying CA J class and the total miles would put you over the top.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Business class was about 30 USD more, but I guess paying more just for the lounge is not worth it, if there even is no fast track for security...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:51 am

Business class was about 30 USD more, but I guess paying more just for the lounge is not worth it, if there even is no fast track for security...
For a $30 surcharge, I would do biz, but I'm guessing you're not researching the proper channels. Tell us your dates and desired flights, and we'll set you straight.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:32 pm

Well, speaking of my own experience on a recent PEK-CAN flight of my own, I was glad I paid the extra for the discounted business class seat. I spent 6hrs on the ground and 2.5hrs in the air.

The cabin crew kept us well hydrated and fed, and the limited IFE helped to while away the time waiting for "air traffic control" to release the flight.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Quasar
Well, speaking of my own experience on a recent PEK-CAN flight of my own, I was glad I paid the extra for the discounted business class seat. I spent 6hrs on the ground and 2.5hrs in the air.

The cabin crew kept us well hydrated and fed, and the limited IFE helped to while away the time waiting for "air traffic control" to release the flight.
The longest I've ever been trapped in a plane on the tarmac was ~2.5 hours. Now I try to limit this to 1.5 hours by selecting flights that don't use bus gates (never a 100% guarantee, but after a while, one gets a pretty good feel for this), and demand to deplane at the 1.5 hour mark. Being stuck on a 737 in F is not a whole lot better than doing the same drill in Y because even in F, you are still exposed to the aromas of the Y food, and the F cabin is just as hot (assuming summer) as the Y cabin.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
For a $30 surcharge, I would do biz, but I'm guessing you're not researching the proper channels. Tell us your dates and desired flights, and we'll set you straight.
how do you mean I am not researching the proper channels? btw. I am already booked in Y.
C didn't seem to be worth it, just to sit in a lounge and get some more food on a 2hrs flight..
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:07 pm

how do you mean I am not researching the proper channels? btw. I am already booked in Y.
C didn't seem to be worth it, just to sit in a lounge and get some more food on a 2hrs flight..
Assuming you can read Chinese, qunar will help you find the best possible fare, but I usually just use ctrip myself. Elong is also a decent resource with an English interface. Booking Y is generally a silly proposition; either pay for F, or try to save money.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I didn't book a fare in Y class. Y is generally used as synonym for economy class. Fare class was X and I paid about 180USD for the miles & fees on a one-way ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.