Earning UA MileagePlus with EVA Air!

Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Earning UA MileagePlus with EVA Air!

Thought with the merger, no more earnings with Continental.
But according to: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...aspx?ItemId=71

cheap fares get mileage too! (although starting at 50%). Still better than crediting to BR. No signs of EQMs.

so BR may be joining Star Alliance ?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Nice! I wonder if Evergreen Club members will be able to earn on the new United. There is no information on EVA's website yet.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:02 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
Thought with the merger, no more earnings with Continental.
But according to: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...aspx?ItemId=71

cheap fares get mileage too! (although starting at 50%). Still better than crediting to BR. No signs of EQMs.

so BR may be joining Star Alliance ?
The app has been in for a while now, but no one knows when membership becomes official. This offers me another TPAC option.

LAX
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Good to see more EVA fare classes are now eligible for mileage accrual in UA MileagePlus. Even though EVA miles don't count towards elite status in UA M+ as of now, CI with SkyTeam has competition now in my FFP book.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Good to know. Thanks. Something is something...
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah EVA already sent in their app. I'm glad that the Taiwanese airlines have finally gotten around to joining alliances. It's been a long time coming especially since both CI and BR have had extensive relations with Delta and Continental respectively.

The alliances are eager to snap up the last remaining carriers in Asia and are now looking towards wooing the big time Middle Eastern carriers to joining them.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1P; AA Gold; Marriott Platinum
Great news!!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! I wonder if someone can confirm this. The flight numbers listed UA 9883-9899 do not seem to show up on the UA schedule. They also do not look like the old CO numbers (96xx). The chart is also a lot newer than the final days of the CO/BR agreement.

I guess I am trying to figure out if this could be an old page that came back accidentally when the website got reworded from CO to UA or this is indeed new information.

I just called BR and the agent told me this is not true. She said that she could not insert a UA MP# into the PNR.

Not calling UA now as the wait is very long due to the conversion.

Last edited by username; Mar 6, 2012 at 4:27 pm
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BR Evergreen Club earning chart is here:

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...s/Mileage_kind

the UA chart actually makes some sense...

However, then there is this: http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...iance/eva.aspx - seems like some kind of botched Search/Replace job:

Airport Lounge Benefits
United ClubSM members with a Super United Business® and/or Premium Laurel Class ticket can relax in all of Eva Air's lounges.

Services
You can select from Super United Business®/Premium Laurel Class or United Economy® on your codeshare flights. Super United Business®/Premium Laurel Class service offers customers a high- quality experience on trans-Pacific flights.

Last edited by username; Mar 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:09 pm
HCA

This is good news after I could not credit EVA discount-Y ticket to CO for a while.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

the "updated" United.com page for EVA changed.

Looks like reward amounts are the same as the normal Star Alliance amounts. If this is true, it will be a big ^^^. I remember with Continental, an economy seat on EVA to TPE or beyond for redemption was 90k+.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far, from what I can gather, this (earning and redeeming) is not true and likely to be either a mistake due to the UA/CO website merge or a premature update.

I wrote to UA asking them about this. No answers yet.

Last edited by username; Mar 10, 2012 at 11:20 pm
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by username
So far, from what I can gather, this (earning and redeeming) is not true and likely to be either a mistake due to the UA/CO website merge or a premature update.

I wrote to UA asking them about this. No answers yet.
I never could get a BR fight in an inter-asia award itinerary, hope that changes too.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SirJman
I never could get a BR fight in an inter-asia award itinerary, hope that changes too.
I just called UA to see if they can book me an award ticket on EVA. The agent said nothing was coming up (LAX-TPE) and if there is no availability but valid, it would say full. It does not say that.

Still waiting for a reply to my question to 1kvoice.

Edit: Amazingly, the UA reservation agent called me back! She did more research and confirmed the relationship does not exist.

Last edited by username; Mar 14, 2012 at 12:21 am
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by username

Edit: Amazingly, the UA reservation agent called me back! She did more research and confirmed the relationship does not exist.
I knew it was too good to be true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.