Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 19, 12, 12:08 pm   #1

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
China Southern: comments flight and LAX lounge?

I may be taking China Southern flight 328, lax -can, have never used China S, before, would appreciate any comments on club in LAX and the flight......thanks
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 12, 5:08 pm   #2
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Tight seating in coach.

IIRC CZ uses TBIT at LAX, so passengers will be sent to the joint SkyTeam lounge there.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:16 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist; Ambassador: China

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
I may be taking China Southern flight 328, lax -can, have never used China S, before, would appreciate any comments on club in LAX and the flight......thanks
Assuming you are doing this in Y, I would highly recommend you: 1) procure Ambien or better; and 2) treat yourself to a nice meal before you leave LA.
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 8:20 am   #4

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
Thanks...sounds "wonderful" thus far...hee,hee.....We are planning on flying J.............Is the product as bad as I sense?

Thanks
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 8:24 am   #5
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had good experiences with their domestic FC.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 12, 4:28 pm   #6

Programs: QF EY CZ DJ
Have booked PE with CZ BNE-CAN-GVA then returning FCO-CAN-BNE 3 weeks later. Currently showing as flying AF on 1 of the 4 long hauls & AF all on of the European legs (GVA & FCO flights are via CDG then it's CDG-CAN both ways). Fingers crossed as this is the first time with CZ - will report back.
JacqStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 12, 5:23 pm   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
Thanks...sounds "wonderful" thus far...hee,hee.....We are planning on flying J.............Is the product as bad as I sense?

Thanks
I did it in J a few years back and they haven't updated the hard product on the 772 since then. Seats are very old "First Class" seats with very generous pitch, but do not lie flat and have the most uncomfortable leg rest I've experienced on any airline. No power on the seats for laptops, terrible video system.

Other than the seat, the service was fine, food was not bad. Lounge was indeed the shared Skyteam lounge in TBIT. They use a remote parking stand, so bus service to the plane packed in tight with the economy pax. I believe at CAN it gets a real gate with jetbridge.

Personally I'd avoid CZ if there are other decent choices until they put the A380 on this route (if it ever happens). KE and even CI are better Skyteam alternatives for now.
dvs7310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 12, 3:35 am   #8

Programs: US*S, MR Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqStar View Post
Have booked PE with CZ BNE-CAN-GVA then returning FCO-CAN-BNE 3 weeks later. Currently showing as flying AF on 1 of the 4 long hauls & AF all on of the European legs (GVA & FCO flights are via CDG then it's CDG-CAN both ways). Fingers crossed as this is the first time with CZ - will report back.
The good thing about CZ PE is that it's usually very cheap, although on domestic flights it's more like UA E+ with a curtain. For the money paid it's not bad.

I do most of my SkyTeam flying on CZ/AF (yes... poor me) and while CZ isn't the worst airline in the world their 777 in particular is a dinosaur. Interestingly enough, I too had a "most uncomfortable" experience on CZ. The seat padding was so worn out in my domestic PE seat that I felt like I was sliding off the seat because it completely lost its shape. I haven't had another seat like that since but it might be because I'm flying more CA and less CZ these days.
Santander is offline   Reply With Quote