China Southern cash upgrades?

Subscribe
We're flying in their A380 from PEK to HKG

I rarely fly Sky Team or CZ for that matter but just wondering if anyone ever been able to pay for a cash upgrade at check in. Would be great to check out the biz class seats, especially on the upper deck.

Thanks!
Hi !
I did on a CAN-NRT, it was around 300 or 400 USD, don't remember really, it was nearly 3 years ago. The service in Business was really good compared to the service in Premium Economy I experienced on the SYD-CAN.
I don't know but my instinct is that business class is likely to be pretty full on the PEK-HKG route unless you're traveling at an off peak time.
Quote: I don't know but my instinct is that business class is likely to be pretty full on the PEK-HKG route unless you're traveling at an off peak time.
Noted with thanks, we're on the first flight out on a wednesday, hopefully there will be some open seats in biz on the A380.
Quote: Noted with thanks, we're on the first flight out on a wednesday, hopefully there will be some open seats in biz on the A380.
Wednesday might be a relatively good day for space in business class. Enjoy the A380.
I have flown that route twice this year. Both on the Thursday morning departure. In the upper deck business class area the flights were only about 50% occupied (March) and 40% occupied (June). I counted the seats as I was also surprised at how few people were in the cabin. I would guess that data for a Wednesday will be similar.