Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 12, 12, 8:37 pm   #1

China Southern cash upgrades?

We're flying in their A380 from PEK to HKG

I rarely fly Sky Team or CZ for that matter but just wondering if anyone ever been able to pay for a cash upgrade at check in. Would be great to check out the biz class seats, especially on the upper deck.

Thanks!
awlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 12, 10:03 pm   #2

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
Hi !
I did on a CAN-NRT, it was around 300 or 400 USD, don't remember really, it was nearly 3 years ago. The service in Business was really good compared to the service in Premium Economy I experienced on the SYD-CAN.
manureva744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 4:13 pm   #3
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't know but my instinct is that business class is likely to be pretty full on the PEK-HKG route unless you're traveling at an off peak time.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 12, 3:43 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I don't know but my instinct is that business class is likely to be pretty full on the PEK-HKG route unless you're traveling at an off peak time.
Noted with thanks, we're on the first flight out on a wednesday, hopefully there will be some open seats in biz on the A380.
awlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 12, 11:06 am   #5
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awlee View Post
Noted with thanks, we're on the first flight out on a wednesday, hopefully there will be some open seats in biz on the A380.
Wednesday might be a relatively good day for space in business class. Enjoy the A380.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 12, 8:02 pm   #6

Programs: SK-EBG, BAEC Gold
I have flown that route twice this year. Both on the Thursday morning departure. In the upper deck business class area the flights were only about 50% occupied (March) and 40% occupied (June). I counted the seats as I was also surprised at how few people were in the cabin. I would guess that data for a Wednesday will be similar.
GinFizz is offline   Reply With Quote