Wiki Posts
Search

Kuwait airlines versus Philippine Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Kuwait airlines versus Philippine Airlines

I have to fly from MNL to BKK and the only nonstop flights that work for me are the late Philippine flight and the late Kuwait flight. I've flown on a lot of different non-American airlines, and this isn't an issue for me, but I have a little bit of pause flying either of these. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'll be flying first or biz if it makes a difference.

One other option could be to connect on Cathay in HKG. I'd rather take a nonstop, but would it be worth having a connection to fly Cathay?

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2012, 5:20 am
Suspended

Non-Stop

Originally Posted by tacostuff
I have to fly from MNL to BKK and the only nonstop flights that work for me are the late Philippine flight and the late Kuwait flight. I've flown on a lot of different non-American airlines, and this isn't an issue for me, but I have a little bit of pause flying either of these. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'll be flying first or biz if it makes a difference.

One other option could be to connect on Cathay in HKG. I'd rather take a nonstop, but would it be worth having a connection to fly Cathay?

Thanks!
Re the two non-stop choices, it depends on if you like alcohol when you fly. No hooch on Kuwait Airways.
Old May 14, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Originally Posted by tacostuff

Thanks!
Took PR on this exact same route in J class (evening flight) last Feb 2012. Surprisingly good. We left on time, arrived BKK early. Aircraft single-aisle A320, with 2-2 seating in J. Was in first row, thankfully no one beside me.
Seat comfortable enough for a 3-hour flight. (Not full recline.) Video system merely adequate (not AVOD), but OK for regional. Lounge a bit crowded, but usual amenities available. I recall I had to do some emails and found avail computers/connections/sockets etc, no problem.

Food was excellent! Found the menu:

MANILA-BANGKOK

Signature Welcome Drinks
Mango Smoothie
Florida Natural Orange Juice
100% Pineapple Juice

DINNER

Marinated Prawns and Scallops in Lemongrass with green mango salad

Assorted Bread Rolls and Artisan Bread Slices
with butter. Organic pesto and olive oil with balsamic vinegar are available upon request.

MAIN COURSE SELECTIONS

Beef Teriyaki
with steamed rice

Chicken Pandan in Sweet Chili Soy Sauce
with shrimp paste fried rice

Pistachio-crusted Sea BAss in Lime Lemon Veloute
with roasted onion and potato gratin

AFTER MEAL DELIGHTS
Vanilla Pannacotta with Fresh Mango Sauce

Nestle Temptations Ice Cream

Assorted Fresh Fruits

COFFEE AND TEA served with Cebu Best Mango Chocolate

The Mango Smoothie was delicious. As was the Chicken Pandan. I was seriously thinking of asking for seconds, but it was nighttime, so decided not to...

Crew were efficient yet unobtrusive (which I prefer). Towards BKK though, they were chatting a lot in the galley right in front of my seat. Would not have minded, but I was trying to rest, so it bothered me a bit.

All in all great value, as I was able to get a promo fare of USD500 roundtrip, taxes and fees included.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:06 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by Felix Felicis
Took PR on this exact same route in J class (evening flight) last Feb 2012. Surprisingly good. We left on time, arrived BKK early. Aircraft single-aisle A320, with 2-2 seating in J. Was in first row, thankfully no one beside me.
Seat comfortable enough for a 3-hour flight. (Not full recline.) Video system merely adequate (not AVOD), but OK for regional. Lounge a bit crowded, but usual amenities available. I recall I had to do some emails and found avail computers/connections/sockets etc, no problem.

Food was excellent! Found the menu:

MANILA-BANGKOK

Signature Welcome Drinks
Mango Smoothie
Florida Natural Orange Juice
100% Pineapple Juice

DINNER

Marinated Prawns and Scallops in Lemongrass with green mango salad

Assorted Bread Rolls and Artisan Bread Slices
with butter. Organic pesto and olive oil with balsamic vinegar are available upon request.

MAIN COURSE SELECTIONS

Beef Teriyaki
with steamed rice

Chicken Pandan in Sweet Chili Soy Sauce
with shrimp paste fried rice

Pistachio-crusted Sea BAss in Lime Lemon Veloute
with roasted onion and potato gratin

AFTER MEAL DELIGHTS
Vanilla Pannacotta with Fresh Mango Sauce

Nestle Temptations Ice Cream

Assorted Fresh Fruits

COFFEE AND TEA served with Cebu Best Mango Chocolate

The Mango Smoothie was delicious. As was the Chicken Pandan. I was seriously thinking of asking for seconds, but it was nighttime, so decided not to...

Crew were efficient yet unobtrusive (which I prefer). Towards BKK though, they were chatting a lot in the galley right in front of my seat. Would not have minded, but I was trying to rest, so it bothered me a bit.

All in all great value, as I was able to get a promo fare of USD500 roundtrip, taxes and fees included.
wow USD500 for RT MNL-BKK. my economy class tickets are more expensive than that!
Old May 18, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just do PR. I think you'll have a pleasant experience. The FAs in J are very nice and very well-trained. The ones in Y are overworked and really just think their jobs are temporary. Once PR gets rebranded and finds its way again, I'm sure the service can get much better in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.