CZ 359 / 360 CAN-DEL-CAN Delays..

Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF,UA,VA
CZ 359 / 360 CAN-DEL-CAN Delays..

Hi just wanted to find out if anyone from CZ sources have any ideas why is this flight often delayed?? ETA is 1830 arrival into DEL 2130 local, been looking at flightaware the flights been departing between 1915-2033 and thus arriving late into DEL, reason being I am hoping to catch up with friends flying in from YVR-CAN and to DEL on CZ.

Is it due to the aircraft? it's a B757 (one of the older in the CZ fleet) technical glitches? late incoming aircraft in CAN?

cheers
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyinsikh
Hi just wanted to find out if anyone from CZ sources have any ideas why is this flight often delayed?? ETA is 1830 arrival into DEL 2130 local, been looking at flightaware the flights been departing between 1915-2033 and thus arriving late into DEL, reason being I am hoping to catch up with friends flying in from YVR-CAN and to DEL on CZ.

Is it due to the aircraft? it's a B757 (one of the older in the CZ fleet) technical glitches? late incoming aircraft in CAN?

cheers
Where are you trying to meet your friends? At the CAN airport? Upon their arrival in DEL? Are they transitting DEL or staying for a while? If you're meeting in the airport, will there be issues for you to get airside?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where are you trying to meet your friends? At the CAN airport? Upon their arrival in DEL? Are they transitting DEL or staying for a while? If you're meeting in the airport, will there be issues for you to get airside?
Hi I am flying back home to SYD, I will be airside however it depends if the flight is on time I can catch them inside the terminal if not, I'll be heading to my gate for departure.

I am more interested in the flight operations to be honest , as I am curious to know why is this flight often delayed, are CZ renowned for late departures? I know for a fact that sometimes ex DEL flights can get delayed, AI is renowned for late departures is it the same case with CZ?? ^
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME CZ flights operate generally on time, but this is based on their domestic routes, not long haul.

DL crew have told me that there are frequent air traffic control delays around major mainland China airports due to congestion. That would be my best guess, perhaps sometimes exacerbated by weather problems.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME CZ flights operate generally on time, but this is based on their domestic routes, not long haul.

DL crew have told me that there are frequent air traffic control delays around major mainland China airports due to congestion. That would be my best guess, perhaps sometimes exacerbated by weather problems.
^ cheers, sounds about right as I did read an article about Chinese commercial airspace being congested, hopefully it departs about on time on the day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.