Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippines Airlines to order 100 new aircraft

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Akiestar
Yet in the late 1980s, PR was touting geography as the reason why it was such a strong carrier to begin with. So now what happened?

(Also, PR did compete on the kangaroo route in the 1990s: if I'm not mistaken, BA was part of the reason why PR failed in this regard.)
I don't think PR was EVER a strong carrier despite propaganda to the contrary designed to garner more Govt support and funds
Old May 25, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Then there is talk of moving all international operations to Clark Airport and build a rail link to Manila. I wonder if this is connected to their long term dream!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:02 am

Philippines Airlines to order 100 new aircraft

Interesting, I wonder what airline they'll be purchasing.. I read somewhere this strategy is to enable PAL to circle around the category 2 restriction on Philippine-based carrier.

MANILA (Reuters) - Diversified conglomerate San Miguel Corp (SMC.PS) wants to expand its airline business via a regional acquisition and by growing its fleet as it seeks to reclaim the top position its unit Philippine Airlines (PAL.PS) lost to budget carrier rivals.

Source: http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKBRE85D0PF20120614?irpc=932

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.