FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Air China- baggage lost (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1326297-air-china-baggage-lost.html)

triptastic Mar 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Air China- baggage lost

Hi,
I was on CA123 Mar 10th from PEK-ICN then onward. My bag stayed in ICN it seems. Until yesterday there was no possible matches found so I went to my local airport to see if anyone could help me. At YYJ the AC rep was able to locate a bag which is most likely a match. They emailed to have the contents list displayed. This was more than 24 hours ago and they have yet to respond. Is this typical? The bag was at ICN o the 10th, is it likely to have been moved to a central baggage office by now? I am concerned with everyone elses' lack of concern for my bag. Is there anything else I could do, a number to call perhaps? I have filed a claim with Air Canada since they were my final carrier on that trip. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Chinatrvl Mar 19, 2012 6:14 am

What has Air China got to do with it? The bag is in ICN and it wasn't loaded correctly on an AC flight. CA has done its job, hasn't it? You could probably also try calling ICN, but I assume AC is solely responsible to get it delivered to you.

blackmamba Mar 19, 2012 8:40 am

Yeah I was wondering the same thing as the post above. Anyways, don't you get delayed luggage compensation and lost bag compensation in end? Check your credit card, they could have some baggage protection insurance, too.

triptastic Mar 19, 2012 8:52 am

Sorry, my post wasn't clear. Air China has the bag in their storage area. AC has emailed for a contents list and they haven't responded, to match the bag. I do realize that AC is the airlines responsible for returning my bag, however, it wasn't an AC flight that my bag didn't next make it to, it was OZ to LAX. Then I connected to AC.

moondog Mar 21, 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by triptastic (Post 18229307)
Sorry, my post wasn't clear. Air China has the bag in their storage area. AC has emailed for a contents list and they haven't responded, to match the bag. I do realize that AC is the airlines responsible for returning my bag, however, it wasn't an AC flight that my bag didn't next make it to, it was OZ to LAX. Then I connected to AC.

Ouch! 3 different airlines from 3 different countries + 1 bag = not pleasant.

I wish you the best. I too would focus on AC since you appear to live in Canada; they will be the easiest to pester on a regular basis. They will eventually grow tired of playing "hot potato".

But, I am curious which airline(s) is/are legally responsible.