MAS LAX to KUL load factor

Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

MAS LAX to KUL load factor

Hello,
I would like to know if there is anyone who has taken MAS during May or june period the last two years.

If so what is the load factor in the MAS flight from LAX to KUL and back

When look at the seat map, via MAS and orbitz, there are too many empty seats which indicates a low load factor. It may be misleading since you have to pay 40 dollar to pick your seat instead of MAS picking it for you.

I'm planing to fly from LAX or SFO to KUL using EVA premium economy

however, if the MAS load factor is load, I can sleep in the middle row.

and save alot.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
You posted this in two forums (here AND destination --> Asia) which is not permissable under one of the many FT regulations.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alpha666us
Hello,
I would like to know if there is anyone who has taken MAS during May or june period the last two years.

If so what is the load factor in the MAS flight from LAX to KUL and back

When look at the seat map, via MAS and orbitz, there are too many empty seats which indicates a low load factor. It may be misleading since you have to pay 40 dollar to pick your seat instead of MAS picking it for you.

I'm planing to fly from LAX or SFO to KUL using EVA premium economy

however, if the MAS load factor is load, I can sleep in the middle row.

and save alot.
Putting the violation of this post aside, the answer to your question is that the load factors on MH for LAX to KUL are HIGH during the peak season. Every flight going to Asia from either NYC, LAX or SFO are FULL FULL FULL during the summer.

If you want your own private suite in Y, may I suggest the private cabins situated in the rear of the plane next to the galley? They smell bad but you've got your own private seat.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk, alpha666us.

Your duplicate post / thread in the Asia Forum has been deleted; cross-posting is prohibited on FT, and the Asia Forum is a destination Forum, not an airline / flying forum.

Thank you.

/JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
It's unknown how load factors will be this year though with the change in routing. I was in J but last year there was lots of space TPE-KUL and it was maybe 85% in the back LAX-TPE and about 2-3 seats empty in J. It's peak season, expect peak demand and high load factors.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
When I flew MH last year to Asia in mid-May, returning to USA in early June, the Business Cabin was basically full on all four sectors between LAX and KUL, and I'd guess that the Economy Cabin was in the 75-80% range. As skyvanman indicated, loads this summer are particularly hard to predict, since the routing has changed from a TPE stop to a NRT stop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.