Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:27 am
evq

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
double post, please delete
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:27 am
evq

Originally Posted by asiadxer
1) Route and date of travel:
LAX-TPE BR1 September
2) Date of request and how made:
07Jun via Jakarta ticketing office
3) Class of original booking class (for upgrade):
Q Elite Class to N Royal Laurel via mileage deduct
4) Evergreen Club status:
DIAMOND
5) Outcome:
Requested 07June, confirmed 16July
6) Additional info:
Ticketed 07 June 2012
WOW! i am actually surprised they let you upgrade to RL!!

is RL on every LAX->TPE flight in september?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by evq

My suspicious nature says that if BR gave him the upgrade today, they are already planning on an aircraft swap. But it would be nice to know that it is possible to have RL upgrades in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by evq

Only BR1 on Sat and Mon, took almost 6 weeks to confirm.

Originally Posted by ak333
My suspicious nature says that if BR gave him the upgrade today, they are already planning on an aircraft swap. But it would be nice to know that it is possible to have RL upgrades in advance.
You may be right, time table now showing my BR1 on the same row as BR1 (PL) not the same row as the other BR1 (RL). Seatmap showing about 10 assigned RL seats.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Royal Laurel Upgrade

TPE-LAX BR12 December 1st week
07Jun via Jakarta ticketing office
Q Elite Class to N Royal Laurel via mileage deduct
DIAMOND
5) Outcome:
Requested 07June, confirmed 30July
6) Additional info:
has not been ticketed
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: BR Gold
Royal Laurel Upgrade

TPE-LAX BR12, in early September
August 20, via US reservation line (800-695-1188)
Q Elite Class (ED, still prefer to call it that way) to N Royal Laurel w/ mileage deduction
GOLD
5) Outcome:
Requested on Aug. 20, confirmed on Aug. 21
6) Additional info:
With a confirmed ED seat for BR16 originally, saw availability for RL on BR12, called and was placed on waitlist for N class, got cleared within 24 hours, now hoping "last minute equipment change", will not occur!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: BR Gold
Some updates......

Just flew back to LAX from TPE. Happened to run into a buddy of mine at the Diamond lounge (a Diamond member, but non-FTer). I must say the shower area is definitely a big improvement. We had the first row all by ourselves. Following things are what we found/ felt about the RL cabin:

1. The seats indeed go all the way flat. But we both found that there's not enough leg room to turn when sleep, as the legs/ knees may bump into the "divider" when seat is in the "sleep" mode. In fact, my friend even joked and said he now has "cluster-phobia" because of that.

2. It may seem like passengers do get more personal storage spaces, but seat 1D and 1G don't get any designated overhead bin space at all.

3. According to the check in agent, Row 11 (which I reserved on-line originally), may NOT recline down to the "full flat" position.

4. Toothbrush is no longer to be found from the over night kit. Rather, they are being placed inside a small basket in the lavatory, just like what ANA does.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:25 pm
evq

Originally Posted by sawan
Some updates......

Just flew back to LAX from TPE. Happened to run into a buddy of mine at the Diamond lounge (a Diamond member, but non-FTer). I must say the shower area is definitely a big improvement. We had the first row all by ourselves. Following things are what we found/ felt about the RL cabin:

1. The seats indeed go all the way flat. But we both found that there's not enough leg room to turn when sleep, as the legs/ knees may bump into the "divider" when seat is in the "sleep" mode. In fact, my friend even joked and said he now has "cluster-phobia" because of that.

2. It may seem like passengers do get more personal storage spaces, but seat 1D and 1G don't get any designated overhead bin space at all.

3. According to the check in agent, Row 11 (which I reserved on-line originally), may NOT recline down to the "full flat" position.

4. Toothbrush is no longer to be found from the over night kit. Rather, they are being placed inside a small basket in the lavatory, just like what ANA does.
yes i also bumped my feet and legs when in flat mode. i actually found that a slightly inclined bed was more comfortable than true flat
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: EVA Diamond ; AA Platinum ;
LAX- TPE Sep 12
2) Date of request and how made (eg at an office/online):
Called diamond card service phone line
3) Class of free ticket requested or original booking class (for upgrade)
Class L
4) Evergreen Club status (if any)
Diamond
5) Outcome
granted immediatedly over the phone
6) Any other information - what you were told, whether paid for tickets were still available when you were declined etc.

i called it in from information i gathered on my last tpe-lax flight that the seats would be the new Royal Laurel class. my confirmation email even said Royal Laurel class. Upon getting to the gate, a familiar gate agent informs me these seats were the old Premium Laurel seats. asked to be downgraded all the reserved seats in Economy Delux, but the only remaining seats are middle. so stuck between a seat you dont want in PL or a middle seat in ED. what do you do? stay in PL and hope that when i get back to Taiwan the club will take care of me.

make a phone call into the club explain the situation and i am told they will investigate. 2 days later they call back saying they have pulled up the original conversation and i did no ask about the seats so they will not return my miles. at this point im like ...! i then tell them about the confirmation email and send it to the agent. a few days later i basically get no answer so call in and see what the deal is. am basically told there is nothing they can do. i fly about 1 round trip to either us or europe every month sometimes 2 times a month. personally im pretty fed up with EVA'S policies and lack of appreciation to their most loyal and frequent fliers. its just sad. over 30,000 in tickets annually and basically very little appreciation.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Its amazing why people stick with this airline when there are so many other options with FFP that do actually take care of you
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:59 pm
evq

well honestly, you accepted the PL seat, so of course they aren't going to refund you the 35k miles for your upgrade.

if you had downgraded to econ/deluxe, then you have a strong case for getting your miles back.

PL is not that bad either... i've been on both RL/PL, and they're both comfortable

Originally Posted by wolfy187
LAX- TPE Sep 12
2) Date of request and how made (eg at an office/online):
Called diamond card service phone line
3) Class of free ticket requested or original booking class (for upgrade)
Class L
4) Evergreen Club status (if any)
Diamond
5) Outcome
granted immediatedly over the phone
6) Any other information - what you were told, whether paid for tickets were still available when you were declined etc.

i called it in from information i gathered on my last tpe-lax flight that the seats would be the new Royal Laurel class. my confirmation email even said Royal Laurel class. Upon getting to the gate, a familiar gate agent informs me these seats were the old Premium Laurel seats. asked to be downgraded all the reserved seats in Economy Delux, but the only remaining seats are middle. so stuck between a seat you dont want in PL or a middle seat in ED. what do you do? stay in PL and hope that when i get back to Taiwan the club will take care of me.

make a phone call into the club explain the situation and i am told they will investigate. 2 days later they call back saying they have pulled up the original conversation and i did no ask about the seats so they will not return my miles. at this point im like ...! i then tell them about the confirmation email and send it to the agent. a few days later i basically get no answer so call in and see what the deal is. am basically told there is nothing they can do. i fly about 1 round trip to either us or europe every month sometimes 2 times a month. personally im pretty fed up with EVA'S policies and lack of appreciation to their most loyal and frequent fliers. its just sad. over 30,000 in tickets annually and basically very little appreciation.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Hi- I'm not sure if this is off-topic. Does anyone know if Eva releases more than 1 award seat on their TPE-SFO legs? I can find 1 seat on multiple days, however, as soon as I switch to 2 people, none show up (they show waitlisted on the website).

Is there a strategy to reserving two seats on the same flight using awards? (in my case, I'll be booking through their partner, United Airlines). Do they release one award at a time, so I can reserve 1 for one traveller, wait a few days (and have them release another award seat), and reserve for the 2nd traveller?

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by allensun
Hi- I'm not sure if this is off-topic. Does anyone know if Eva releases more than 1 award seat on their TPE-SFO legs? I can find 1 seat on multiple days, however, as soon as I switch to 2 people, none show up (they show waitlisted on the website).

Is there a strategy to reserving two seats on the same flight using awards? (in my case, I'll be booking through their partner, United Airlines). Do they release one award at a time, so I can reserve 1 for one traveller, wait a few days (and have them release another award seat), and reserve for the 2nd traveller?

Thanks.
One award seat at a time unless you are BR Diamond. You will need to be wait listed on the other one until they release the additional seats that were not sold. It can be a week before the flight commences or when your boarding pass beeps at the gate.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: EVA Infinity Delta Skymiles
So the newest technique/strategy would be to buy which fare class and request the upgrade to RL? Just wondering as there have been so many changes its hard to keep up with what will/might work and what won't work to get an upgrade.

TG
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by TravelGuy_2007
So the newest technique/strategy would be to buy which fare class and request the upgrade to RL? Just wondering as there have been so many changes its hard to keep up with what will/might work and what won't work to get an upgrade.

TG
Status always comes first, so I am not sure if that would help at all?

...and Diamonds usually will get the seat if it's not available by calling, so...

Gold > Silver > Green

K = original Elite Y
L = original M and Q
T = original L, V and R
Y = original Economy Y, K
B = original T
M = original B
S didn't change

The new fare codes would be: K > L > T > Y > B > M >= S

I doubt people will be buying K or Y to do upgrades and L, B, M won't be exactly cheap either. But T and S probably won't get you anywhere with Silver unless no one goes for upgrades in L, B, M.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.