It may be helpful to see how your name is listed on your eTicket receipt
Print Wikipost

Air China: how do I check my booking?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
If it is a United award reservation and United has not e-mailed you a genuine real receipt with a genuine real e-ticket number, it probably is not ticketed. (e-mail itineraries promising your reservation is confirmed do not count if it's not a receipt with an e-ticket number) United has MAJOR problems with sometimes not ticketing award reservations and if this is the case it is probable CA will drop the reservation after a couple of days. If it's more than 10 or 12 hours since you made the reservation with United and you still don't have an e-ticket number you better get on the phone to United and harass them relentlessly until they give you a real e-ticket number because you will surely lose the reservation if one does not exist.

Pull it up on united.com and click on "view receipt". If you cant, there is not a real ticket.
There is a "view receipt" link and when I click on it everything comes up. I have one eTicket number for the entire journey. So I'm all set?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by agp423
There is a "view receipt" link and when I click on it everything comes up. I have one eTicket number for the entire journey. So I'm all set?

Probably good then but it still should show an e-ticket number when you pull it up on on www.travelsky.com. There should be a line like

票号: 0161234567890 for the CA segments

If you are able to pull it up and the number is in there you should be cool. If the reservation is showing but no e-ticket number is showing for CA segments, and given UA's deplorable history of ticketing issues with partners, I'd at least call CA and make sure their reservation agents see it as ticketed because it should show up on travelsky.

It is however common to have additional e-ticket numbers for CA segments that differ from UA's web site though. Like 0161234567890 from UA and then 0161234567891, 0161234567892, etc in travelsky.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Okay so I entered my 13 digit eTicket number, LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMIDDLEINITIAL, and the security code in the box, and I get an error message saying this...

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Okay so I entered my 13 digit eTicket number, LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMIDDLEINITIAL, and the security code in the box, and I get an error message saying this...

Hint Chrome can translate the site on the fly as you use it:

My Chinese is awful something to the effect you entered something wrong
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I am on chrome. The message is shown in a pop up window. Not a pop up website, but a pop up chrome window.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

So my award flight goes LH-LH-CA-CA-LH-LH. When I enter my LH confirmation code on LH website, I see all the segments except the first CA segment... Should I be worried? My eticket number still does not work on Travelsky.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: AP Elite, A3 Gold, KF Silver, IHG Amb, HH Gold, BWR Diamond

The message indicates that there is mistake in the entry and you are to check and re-enter again
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I tried LAST/FIRSTMI, LAST/FIRSTMIMR, LAST/FIRSTMR, nothing worked...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott/IHG Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
So my award flight goes LH-LH-CA-CA-LH-LH. When I enter my LH confirmation code on LH website, I see all the segments except the first CA segment... Should I be worried? My eticket number still does not work on Travelsky.
My recent experience suggests you to confirm with LH and even CA for sure. I have UA showing CA ticketed but never confirmed by CA until I called to get the seat assignments
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I tried LAST/FIRSTMI, LAST/FIRSTMIMR, LAST/FIRSTMR, nothing worked...
I'm confused now. In your earlier posts you seemed to indicate that you were able to access the reservation using your CA confirmation supplied by United, seemingly indicating that you had already hit on the magic name combination, got in, and you were just concerned that it might not be properly ticketed. If that is the case, just access it that way, look at the CA flights and if there is a 016xxxxxxxxxx e-ticket number in them you should be good. If you can see the CA flights in the reservation but there are no e-ticket numbers anywhere I would be very concerned.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:38 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry, okay, so a few mistakes along my older post...

My itinerary is LH-LH-CA-CA-CA-CA-LH-LH. All the LH and the last CA show up on LH website. Everything shows up on UA's website. Before I got used the 6 digit confirmation code on http://www.travelsky.com/newsky/journey_online.jsp
However, I cannot pull up my reservation using the 13 digit UA (number only) eticket code on http://www.travelsky.com/newsky/validate.html

I called CA now to confirm and have been on hold for 2 hours, at which point I gave up.

At the journey_only site, all my CA segments say this... (blacked out are my name and eticket number)

Last edited by TOMFORD; Nov 1, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott/IHG Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I called CA now to confirm and have been on hold for 2 hours, at which point I gave up.

At the journey_only site, all my CA segments say this... (blacked out are my name and eticket number)
Why did they put you on hold??? Could they confirm? I had the CA confirmation numbers before but didn't help as they canceled the reservation later due to some reasons (flight number disappeared and/or not enough time for connection)

Anyway I am not very good at the simplified Chinese term here but the status said "confirmed please ticket in time" I will call CA or even UA to make sure it looks good in their systems.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I called UA and then UA put me on hold and called CA. The UA agent came back half an hour saying that he's getting to the automated system and it just tells him to hold by pressing 1 every few minutes. I called CA and got the same thing... I never got to a real person.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Called in at 4:58pm EST, after 2 minutes of menus, got through at 5:00pm EST, which is 6AM China time, exactly when they opened. Got through after half a ring and confirmed everything. Service person was LA-based... They must work weird hours.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: AP Elite, A3 Gold, KF Silver, IHG Amb, HH Gold, BWR Diamond
Sorry, okay, so a few mistakes along my older post...

My itinerary is LH-LH-CA-CA-CA-CA-LH-LH. All the LH and the last CA show up on LH website. Everything shows up on UA's website. Before I got used the 6 digit confirmation code on http://www.travelsky.com/newsky/journey_online.jsp
However, I cannot pull up my reservation using the 13 digit UA (number only) eticket code on http://www.travelsky.com/newsky/validate.html

The screenshot indicated that the booking is confirmed but awaiting issuance of ticket. But anyhow, glad that you have managed to resolve this with Air China.

Have a good flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.