Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Just got turned away today trying to do something similar. Have done this multiple times in the past as well
I believe its got to do with the fact that he arrived at 0330. MH70/71 I am guessing. At that time, all other lounges are closed. So the satellite terminal will accept any lounge eligible pax.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
What sort of food options would be available in the lounge for J pax (no OW status) departing on the 11.30pm MH123 flight to SYD? Could you assemble a decent dinner, allowing you just to sleep on board, or would it be a bit basic at that hour of the night?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by mad_atta
What sort of food options would be available in the lounge for J pax (no OW status) departing on the 11.30pm MH123 flight to SYD? Could you assemble a decent dinner, allowing you just to sleep on board, or would it be a bit basic at that hour of the night?
The regular buffet will still be served. Having that said, you'll still be served a full dinner on board and a breakfast prior to landing.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I live in that lounge - i come in, they address me by name, and next thing i know, there's 1) a diet pepsi and 2) a kapiti chocolate ice cream waiting on my table without prompting.
I was in the regional lounge the other day. Granted that it's in the morning / early afternoon. When I asked for some kapiti ice cream from the coffee counter, the server there said no ice cream is available. The whole ice cream container had some dingy brown covering over it.

Likewise when I popped into the satellite lounge and asked for their signature chili padi mojito, another server said it was unavailable because they didn't have lime and mint!

Gosh... what's happening to the MH lounges?!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I was excited to read they have Kapiti ice cream (as a nostalgic Kiwi this is hard to find in Australia)... and then demoralised to read that perhaps they now don't. Can anyone confirm either way?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: QF WP
It depends on what time you arrive there. If I remember correctly, you should be able to order something from the bistro till a reasonably late hour. And if you happen to be flying on 24 Dec, PM me, as I have a guest spot available for the F side.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
It depends on what time you arrive there. If I remember correctly, you should be able to order something from the bistro till a reasonably late hour. And if you happen to be flying on 24 Dec, PM me, as I have a guest spot available for the F side.
Oh, I didn't realise there was a bistro available for J pax as well, that's good news.

Thanks for the kind offer of an F lounge spot, however we're not travelling until Jan 12th and there's two of us
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
I'll be on the F side this afternoon as well. Let me know if someone needs a guest in.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
the server there said no ice cream is available. The whole ice cream container had some dingy brown covering over it.
I was excited to read they have Kapiti ice cream (as a nostalgic Kiwi this is hard to find in Australia)... and then demoralised to read that perhaps they now don't. Can anyone confirm either way?
Kapiti is no longer available in any J lounge, but it is available in the F lounge.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
I'm OWE. Flew SIN-KUL-MYY in Y. Refused entry at the FCL and told that I was only entitled to the domestic section. Sent a complaint email to MH. Couldn't find a contact/email for oneworld so sent one in to AA since I'm EXP and hoping that could escalate to oneworld on my behalf.
Had the same flight almost a full year ago; OWS. While I was recommended to go to the Domestic lounge, they did not refuse me entry to the J lounge. Sorry you were turned down.

I am having an upcoming KUL-IST TK J flight at 2315 and it seems that the *A lounges will close by 2130. Would I be able to use the Golden Lounge with a PEN-KUL MH J inbound boarding pass? I will no longer be OWS by then.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by flyCsG
Had the same flight almost a full year ago; OWS. While I was recommended to go to the Domestic lounge, they did not refuse me entry to the J lounge. Sorry you were turned down.
Same. I recently travelled KUL-SIN which departed from the main terminal building. The attendant at the satellite lounge recommended I use the regional lounge in the main building but admitted me anyway.

Originally Posted by flyCsG
I am having an upcoming KUL-IST TK J flight at 2315 and it seems that the *A lounges will close by 2130. Would I be able to use the Golden Lounge with a PEN-KUL MH J inbound boarding pass? I will no longer be OWS by then.
Which lounge you can access on departure from KUL would depend on the arrangement TK has in place.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by eminere
Same. I recently travelled KUL-SIN which departed from the main terminal building. The attendant at the satellite lounge recommended I use the regional lounge in the main building but admitted me anyway.

Which lounge you can access on departure from KUL would depend on the arrangement TK has in place.
Just found out, based on some past FT posts, that they seem to have an agreement in place with Plaza Premium - which operates 24h, so that's all good now
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
The regular buffet will still be served. Having that said, you'll still be served a full dinner on board and a breakfast prior to landing.
I remember reading the rave reviews of the Golden Lounge when it first opened back when the new KLIA Airport was built, and ever since then had it in mind as probably one of the better hub lounges out there. When we finally visited for the first time a few days ago (busines class side), I was shocked by how mediocre it was (small, inconveniently located bar; basic, dingy shower stalls with lukewarm water; pretty much useless wifi). But what surprised me the most was how bad the food was - hot food options included a butter chicken or beef rendang and rice, which looked appealing but tasted of absolutely nothing at all. It brought back memories of school cafeteria food. I wound up going to the noodle bar, which was OK but still very bland.

In the entire time we were in Malaysia, the MH lounge was basically the only food we ate that wasn't delicious and full of flavour. What a poor effort for such a culinarily blessed place.

I did find the staff helpful and pleasant, and the champagne was nice. Otherwise it's just a large, cavernous space in which to kill some time.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
I remember reading the rave reviews of the Golden Lounge when it first opened back when the new KLIA Airport was built, and ever since then had it in mind as probably one of the better hub lounges out there. When we finally visited for the first time a few days ago (busines class side), I was shocked by how mediocre it was (small, inconveniently located bar; basic, dingy shower stalls with lukewarm water; pretty much useless wifi). But what surprised me the most was how bad the food was - hot food options included a butter chicken or beef rendang and rice, which looked appealing but tasted of absolutely nothing at all. It brought back memories of school cafeteria food. I wound up going to the noodle bar, which was OK but still very bland.

In the entire time we were in Malaysia, the MH lounge was basically the only food we ate that wasn't delicious and full of flavour. What a poor effort for such a culinarily blessed place.

I did find the staff helpful and pleasant, and the champagne was nice. Otherwise it's just a large, cavernous space in which to kill some time.

I think the big problem with MH at the moment is where to send feedback and criticism. It seems there are very few avenues to get feedback in to them..if any.

It's still a very good airline and I fly MH every other week but they don't seem interested in getting feedback or criticism to improve.

The Int. golden lounge at the sat terminal needs improvement on the meal choices. Agreed, the shower facilities needs improvement.

What bothered me was no slippers available and they needed my boarding card in order to get a towel...not very hygenic to be walking around barefoot I think in the shower area but it probably depends person to person.

I was not impressed with the food options.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by wolf72
What bothered me was no slippers available and they needed my boarding card in order to get a towel...not very hygenic to be walking around barefoot I think in the shower area but it probably depends person to person.
It isn't limited to this lounge but it is for this reason that I always pack a pair of rubber slippers in my hand-carry whenever I plan on showering at a lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.