Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
14 December according to on-board announcement

The purser made an announcement on arrival to KUL on Monday, 9 December that the MH Golden Lounge was undergoing renovations and would re-open on 14 December.

Very disappointing as I will have to spend some "quality" time in whatever lounge is available on this Wednesday for my return on a very late night flight.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: QF, SQ, GA
Still closed, but at least they made announcement on the flight about alternative lounge options.

In the MH regional lounge right now if anyone else is about.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
I'll be flying SIN-KUL-ICN in mid Jan 2014. For the outward leg, i only have 1hr15m layover, so don't think i can pop by the lounge (even if it's open). Especially since MH SIN-KUL lands on the main terminal, while MH KUL-ICN is on the satellite terminal.

I just hope the lounge is open for the return leg, since i have a 2hr layover there.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Still closed. Temp lounge staff says maybe another week more. Shall update again when I pass on the 17th.

On a side note, I just got reminded how bad the A330 new J seats are. Definitely no more MH A330 flights for me.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

I'm flying on the 17th!! better be open then
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by dfs24
Still closed. Temp lounge staff says maybe another week more. Shall update again when I pass on the 17th.

On a side note, I just got reminded how bad the A330 new J seats are. Definitely no more MH A330 flights for me.
I certainly do hope that they're better than Y seats. My upcoming trip is actually the first time i take J. My company policy is flying Y on flights less than 6 hours, and all my work trips are within the SEA region, so no chance to fly J there.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by shull22
I certainly do hope that they're better than Y seats.
You're saying this in jest right?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by dfs24
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I suspect there is a good chance this is not a joke!

Those new seats are truly awful. The worst business seats I have ever been in. Hard as a rock. And only 5 preset positions - fully upright, meal, lounge 1, lounge 2 and steep sliding board flat. No adjustments can be made to the individual components, such as leg or foot rest or seat back. Those with short legs - no, actually, those without long legs should beware of the lounge positions as the your feet will dangle since the foot rest is too far away.

How is it that MH could purchase such lousy seats? The execs in charge of these things should be made to spend a full work week, including some nights trying to sleep, in samples prior to purchase.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill

Those new seats are truly awful. The worst business seats I have ever been in. Hard as a rock. And only 5 preset positions - fully upright, meal, lounge 1, lounge 2 and steep sliding board flat. No adjustments can be made to the individual components, such as leg or foot rest or seat back. Those with short legs - no, actually, those without long legs should beware of the lounge positions as the your feet will dangle since the foot rest is too far away.

How is it that MH could purchase such lousy seats? The execs in charge of these things should be made to spend a full work week, including some nights trying to sleep, in samples prior to purchase.
The reference made was towards shull22 who queried if these J seats were better than Y.

That they are not up to J standards as per dfs24's post is a given. I've flown them plenty and found them wanting against the competition....

That they are worse than Y seats on the same plane.... is something else altogether.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:13 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Just curious if the lounge is still closed, which lounge is to be used?

I will fly via KUL on 3-JAN and return on 12-DEC in C. the return may involved around 5 hours layover in KUL. I will do stop over in KUL on return leg and buy seperate ticket betweem KUL and BKK (most likely on ET have not decided yet).

ET has a chepeat fare but I have to wait for 5 hours and TG is around MYR 300+ more expensive but I only need to wait for about 2 hours for my KUL-SIN ticket (last flight out of KUL).

I think it won't have enough time to go out to town for 5 hours right. So should I spend extra MYR300 for lesser time in KUL?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:39 pm

The reference made was towards shull22 who queried if these J seats were better than Y.

That they are not up to J standards as per dfs24's post is a given. I've flown them plenty and found them wanting against the competition....

That they are worse than Y seats on the same plane.... is something else altogether.
I've read some pretty negative reviews on MH's J seats in the A330-300, so was wondering how bad can it get.

The 2 reason I flew MH J this time round, is (1)It's a vacation trip - otherwise i would've stuck to SQ for the business trips flights and (2)It cost a couple a hundred more than SQ's Y.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:44 pm

I've read some pretty negative reviews on MH's J seats in the A330-300, so was wondering how bad can it get.

The 2 reason I flew MH J this time round, is (1)It's a vacation trip - otherwise i would've stuck to SQ for the business trips flights and (2)It cost a couple a hundred more than SQ's Y.
Don't bother reading. I'll tell you - they're awful. But in a heartbeat better than ANY Y seat i've flown. You sure you'd rather be in Y on the same plane?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by 1kBill

Actually you can pre-set individual component. Use the console under the tray table cover. Nevertheless, it is still a very lousy seat. My main issue with the seat is how it "rises" before falling back down when reclining. Given that the PTV is already low enough and the pitch bad, its impossible to lounge in it and watch movies without getting neck ache due to the rise in the seat bottom. This is my third time on the A330 and will be avoiding them as best as I can. Fortunately I rarely go to Australia.

Y seat better than J. Reminds me of another thread I read in the CX forum quite a while back regarding their new regional J product. Its definitely one of the worst J seats.

TGflyer girl is right. They are outright bad. The only advantage over the 777 these seats have is the newer IFE interface and better screen. It's still J class. If you're on one of those 1500+ promo business ticket, its not a bad deal IMO
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Any update on the MH Golden Lounge re-opening over the weekend? I don't want to purchase a lounge voucher only to find it cannot be used.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Just curious, Pierre48. I have only seen lounge access for sale at the lounge itself. Where else can you purchase them? I'm ExPlat do don't need to, but I may have friends who are interested…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.