Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Need Help Urgently! Malaysia Airlines - Month Misallocation Problem in online booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help Urgently! Malaysia Airlines - Month Misallocation Problem in online booking

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Frequent Flyer Program
Exclamation Need Help Urgently! Malaysia Airlines - Month Misallocation Problem in online booking

I have just made a booking from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur from 1st February 2011 to 8th February 2011 about one hour ago. After I made the payment via the online booking system, the month was misallocated from 8 February 2011 to 8 March 2011 after a short server glitch in between. I am sure the date I selected was 8 February 2011, but the month was changed to another month for unknown reason. Do anyone had this problem before?

Then I quickly called the number 603 7843 3000 to sort out the problem of the website error. But, the call operator asked me to send an email to [email protected] to fix the problem. But now my main concern is the possible outcomes of this kind of situation. Has anyone ever successful changed the date for MHLOW ticket as the month of the ticket was misallocated?

Many many thanks for your reply.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:06 pm

You might be able to change the date on the ticket. Although i have not done a change of date on a MHlow ticket i have however managed to amend my name on the booking last year as i typed my surname as my first name. I know if they do allow changes you must pay a penalty fare. My amendment of name cost me RM250.00.. Hope you MH replies to you soon.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Frequent Flyer Program
Hi Henry, thanks for your sharing. It is great that you able to amend your name, it is a win-win solution! How long you waited for the IBE Support to get back to you?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:17 pm

please see this thread for advice : http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...howtopic=14383
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:41 am

Hi Kate, roughly about 4 working days MH support team contacted me by phone as i left my phone number with them in the email.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 2:43 am

hi..

i've just booked my flight from kl - ho chi minh on 3rd july 2010 - 5th july 2010 yesterday, and to my surprise the date in my itinerary given was 19th june 2010 - 28 june 2010 which is totally not what i booked.

i emailed the ibesupport and called them for the fifth time now.. just now i received an email from the support and the solution is rm150 per passenger to change the date.

I was so angry and frustrated on how they make money from their costumers... i emailed them back and told them that it is totally unfair for me to pay for something it is not my fault.

i am still waiting for their respond but i can feel how frustrated you are now.
I once encountered the same situation last few months back, i tried to book for my boss form KL-KK and i didn't realize before that the return ticket was on the next month, but due to my panic, i just pay the rm100 for the date changes.

yesterday, as i was so reluctant to do the reservation with MAS again, my colleague was together with me because i don't want to repeat the same mistake again.. i am pretty sure and i swear to God that i click on 3rd of July and 5th of July, and the summary given to me was also the same date... but when i made the payment.. the Itinerary sent via my email was totally different.

it is really unacceptable and i am so frustrated now. Should there is no fair solution to this issue, i am really forwarding this case to the Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna and to the media as well.

any fellow friends, who encountered the same situation, please do share with us and we need to stop of becoming a victim of their online system.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:25 am

rahima, I truly understand your anger. Some of of us here had voiced out our problems in previous threads :

(Read the defensive response from Mr Amir Khan, you'll get the idea of how lackadaisical MH is in solving the online engine bug) :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ng-faulty.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...e-payment.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...an-before.html

Do let us know the outcome, especially with the consumer tribunal. Good Luck!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by rahima
hi..

i've just booked my flight from kl - ho chi minh on 3rd july 2010 - 5th july 2010 yesterday, and to my surprise the date in my itinerary given was 19th june 2010 - 28 june 2010 which is totally not what i booked.

i emailed the ibesupport and called them for the fifth time now.. just now i received an email from the support and the solution is rm150 per passenger to change the date.

I was so angry and frustrated on how they make money from their costumers... i emailed them back and told them that it is totally unfair for me to pay for something it is not my fault.

i am still waiting for their respond but i can feel how frustrated you are now.
I once encountered the same situation last few months back, i tried to book for my boss form KL-KK and i didn't realize before that the return ticket was on the next month, but due to my panic, i just pay the rm100 for the date changes.

yesterday, as i was so reluctant to do the reservation with MAS again, my colleague was together with me because i don't want to repeat the same mistake again.. i am pretty sure and i swear to God that i click on 3rd of July and 5th of July, and the summary given to me was also the same date... but when i made the payment.. the Itinerary sent via my email was totally different.

it is really unacceptable and i am so frustrated now. Should there is no fair solution to this issue, i am really forwarding this case to the Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna and to the media as well.

any fellow friends, who encountered the same situation, please do share with us and we need to stop of becoming a victim of their online system.
Contact your creditcard company and dispute the charge as it is not what you paid for.

Next time for ex-Malaysia tickets and you are in Malaysia... contact a travel agent!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Next time for ex-Malaysia tickets and you are in Malaysia... contact a travel agent!
I am sure you are aware that :-

1) Travel agents charge a service fee for booking

2) Not all fares are available through travel agents

3) Most (if not all) travel agents impose a surcharge for credit card payment, and it would be extremely inconvenient bringing a stack of cash to their office to make payment
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:08 pm

hi guys,

thanks for all your support..

i used a debit card to charge my payment and all the money of rm2208.00 was successfully disbursed.

i frequently fly using AirAsia and although it is known to be a low-cost airline, i highly appreciate them now more and better since i never encountered this type of miserable moment with their online system.. Congratulation Airasia!.. i regret why do i choose MAS this time!!

guys,

For my temporary solution, i changed my booking date to 3rd of July 2010-5th of July 2010, but i haven't made the payment yet.. they gave me an option of paying the additional fees of rm450 through counter or via credit card. i clearly made my statement that i would never ever have a faith on their online system and credit card as well after reading other experiences. if they insist me to pay the rm450 for me to fly at that particular date I've already changed and would not allow us to fly unless we pay... we will pay and fly first, but definitely, this case will be forwarded not only to the Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna, but to the Kementerian Pengangkutan and media as well. (if anyone of you had a better solution than this, please advice me accordingly).

I am still waiting for their response on my case and i hope my case to be settle fairly before the day of our flight on 3rd of July 2010.

To MAS, please do something with your system and start hearing what your costumers is encountering.

Thanks kenyalang69 and others for sharing.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:04 pm

rahima, for your reference, further discussions in another forum on this topic; related to MH booking engine/booking problems. You will need to register with www.malaysianwings.net to access these protected pages:

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...howtopic=14495

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...howtopic=14383

Last edited by kenyalang69; Jun 13, 2010 at 11:09 pm
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Send a Private Mail to our resident MAS angels : Malaysia Airlines
Old Feb 1, 2011, 4:10 am

same thing has happened to me.. Just a few hours ago I booked KUL-JKT Malaysian Airlines Ticket for date 14th February 2011 and after the formallities of payment was over I was SHOCKED to see the date of travel as 14th March 2011. Unbelievable as I do not think I have made this mistake. I call them at Chennai Number and they say they have nothing to do with internet bookings and asks me to call the KL number which is an international call for me being here in India.. Anyway I call this number and I am asked to write email to ibesupport and if they may change it if I pay them the penalty.. I have written to ibesupport and yet to hear from them.. Anyone can guide me to sort out this problem ?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Same issue happened to me today, but the error resulted in a one week difference on my return booking.

I emailed ibesupport.

When I followed up a few hours later with general customer service number, I was told over the phone that it takes them at least three business days to respond. First time I have booked with Malaysia Airlines, so I would appreciate any suggestions from experienced members.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call MH reservations in the USA !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.