Old May 24, 2013, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Google doc for China Airlines
- 2017 China Airlines Network
- China Airlines is up to date for English, Mandarin is almost finished.
- A document for Far Eastern Air Transport will be made soon.
- A document for Tigerair Taiwan (LCC) will also be made.

Things to note:

Information may not be up-to-date and is only served as advice. It's best for one to call the airline or check the official website. This thread will only cover carriers not having their own forums operated from Taiwan (not China). It's recommended to read some recent discussions in this page or this section of the forum as they might not yet be updated.

Please visit EVA FT forum for information regards to EVA Air.

Miles Buzz

China Airlines (CI) - 中華航空
Subsidiary: Mandarin Airlines (AE) - 華信航空

Fare Family
- China Airlines has followed the steps of EVA Air adopting new fare system where you are charged depending on the booking class you purchase. Have a read: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...y-br-v-ci.html and https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/en...ts/fare-family

Lounge Fiasco
- Novotel has returned to Terminal 1 operation. The lounge is now featuring food/beverage items previously that were available (such as boba milk tea).

Future destinations
- CI plans to operate Milan and Prague Winter 2019/2020 at earliest.

Frequent Flyer Programs

China Airlines (CI) - 中華航空
Subsidiary: Mandarin Airlines (AE) - 華信航空

Mileage Upgrade no longer applicable to cheap tickets
- From July 2, 2020

You may only upgrade via miles with booking codes Y, B, M, K, Q, T, V for Economy and W, U, A for Premium Economy on all sectors.

Far Eastern Air Transport (FE) - 遠東航空

Ceased operation as of December 13, 2019.

STARLUX Airlines (JX) - 星宇航空

Inaugural flight to Macau on January 23, 2020.

Fleet:
13x A321neo
11x A330-900neo (4 currently in service)
10x A350-900 (5 currently in service)

Currently operating Taipei (TPE), Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Naha, Kansai, Chitose, Sendai, Narita, Macau, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Cebu, Clark, Manila, Singapore, Bangkok, Da Nang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Los Angeles.

International Airport Gateways
TPE Taipei Taoyuan International Airport - 桃園國際機場

Print Wikipost

Information for Airlines based in Taiwan

Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Quick question - with CI, for flights with an intermediate stop (e.g. FCO-DEL-TPE, TPE-BNE-AKL, etc) which seem quite numerous with CI, do continuing passengers stay onboard or exit to the airport?? If the latter do we have lounge access (if travelling business and/or skyteam elite plus)? Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Alright, thanks! How do you know so much anyway? >.>
I fly LAX-TPE-CAN v.v. often and it's the same.

Also all the rules are on CI's website, you just have to search it.
--
Exit to waiting area with a re-boarding card, but you won't have time to use the lounge cause the flight will be gone very soon.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Also all the rules are on CI's website, you just have to search it.
haha Yeah, I found the rules on the baggage stuff, but it wasn't clear about what rules apply to transiting passengers (and I usually question the accuracy of the translations because half the stuff on their English site has wonky grammar).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
--
Exit to waiting area with a re-boarding card, but you won't have time to use the lounge cause the flight will be gone very soon.
Thanks! My itinerary shows a 2hr layover at DEL so I feared it would be long but somewhat happier if indeed it ends up feeling too short to use the lounges!

BTW, not sure if I'll have much time to use the lounges in TPE either - if I understand correctly, my transit from European-Oz and Oz-European flights mean I need to go from T1 to T2 and vice-versa so I imagine this might take a bit of time and as I only have 2 hours between flights there again I suspect it might compromise my chances to experience the CI Dynasty lounges!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks! My itinerary shows a 2hr layover at DEL so I feared it would be long but somewhat happier if indeed it ends up feeling too short to use the lounges!

BTW, not sure if I'll have much time to use the lounges in TPE either - if I understand correctly, my transit from European-Oz and Oz-European flights mean I need to go from T1 to T2 and vice-versa so I imagine this might take a bit of time and as I only have 2 hours between flights there again I suspect it might compromise my chances to experience the CI Dynasty lounges!
T1 and T2 are connected on the sterile side; it doesn't take that long to go between terminals.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic

Well, it's the same plane back to TPE from DEL so there's really not much you can do other than waiting at the sterile area that they put you in DEL.

You will have time to use Dynasty Lounges in TPE cause it's relative small with fast securities and uneventful shops. Don't expect too much other than noodles.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:45 pm

Well, it's the same plane back to TPE from DEL so there's really not much you can do other than waiting at the sterile area that they put you in DEL.
Oh dear, sterile area (especially in DEL which I heard is a pretty ghastly airport) doesn't sound too good! I'll try and remember to take a good book!!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:43 am

EVA and CI members

Any one know how many members do EVA and CI have each tiers ?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
Hi coolfish1103 ! I am browsing thru CI's website as I am going to fly to BKK from LAX and will use my miles to go there and return on a paid ticket in Dynasty Class.
On the website there are pictures of new business class seats on the 747-400. On which particular aircrafts are those seats ?

Thanks !
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manureva744
hi coolfish1103 ! I am browsing thru ci's website as i am going to fly to bkk from lax and will use my miles to go there and return on a paid ticket in dynasty class.
On the website there are pictures of new business class seats on the 747-400. On which particular aircrafts are those seats ?

Thanks !
b-18206/7/8

b-18203/251/n168cl
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:42 am

Thanks Coolfish1103 !
Am I right in thinking that these planes fly mainly to LAX ? Which one is next to get the new cabins ?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manureva744
Thanks Coolfish1103 !
Am I right in thinking that these planes fly mainly to LAX ? Which one is next to get the new cabins ?
Only B-18206/7/8 flies to LAX along with 4 74C's.

They alternate between LAX and SFO and LAX usually gets 18206/7/8.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 2:13 am

Well hopefully they'll refurbish more planes by the 2nd of october when I'll do LAX-TPE-BKK and return on the 13th for the BKK-TPE-LAX.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
How is the refurbishing with CI's 747's going? The website mentions it should be done now.
Flying AMS-BKK in July. Chances of a refurbished A/C?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Coolfish... are you going to finish updating your Google Doc?

Good job maintaining this thread ^ but some info in the first post is starting to get stale. And how about some FAT love?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.