Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines e-Ticketing faulty.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airlines e-Ticketing faulty.....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by db80
They were acting as if they are doing a major favor for me.
Yes, MH does not regard miles as your entitlement but rather a reward out of their goodwill.

Just look at their marketing terms; they use terms like free flights, free upgrades etc which is very deceptive since you have to use miles to upgrade or redeem a ticket unlike some airlines when its really "free".

And it seems so strange to me that senior management are responding to individual complaints over domestic bookings worth a couple of hundred dollars; but fail to answer general questions like why the Langkawi lounge was closed with no notice given which affects many passengers who were promised the use of a lounge at time of booking. What credibility is there left for the airline when they feel that they have the right to vary or omit any service with no notice and without any need to justify their action.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:57 pm
Suspended

General arrogance on MH over the last few years seems to be having an effect to passengers and they seem to not understand how bad the name of MH is becoming
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:22 am

Online booking passengers' name fault

I faced the same problem with all of you and I was not given a chance to key in 2nd passenger's name, end up I have 2 tickets with my own name.

I have emailed MAS BSC 5 times, called customer service 4 times,
and no one cares about my problem. Customer service (Mohd Azrul Hidayat) ignored my complaint on system, requested me to pay RM150 for one ticket name change.

MAS doesn't care about Malaysian's customers ?

tien
KJXBT 01 March 2010
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:50 am

MAS online booking problem & credit card fraud case

while waiting for MAS customer service to feedback on my online booking problem, I was called up by bank, telling me that my credit card has been fraud under MAS, making a purchase of RM2.5k!!

wonder how many more issues will arise after these...

p/s: MAS has replied regarding credit card fraud case, will cancel the booking and make a refund to me, but no reasons or explanation given.

After so many emails and phone calls, they refused to listen to my explanation on system problem and insist me paying for the ticket's name change. They simply can not understand a possibility in system error....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:13 am

When one is bored and has nothing better to do, try to dummy book on MH's website and you'll discover a whole load of quirky bugs. I still don't understand why MH does not realize this (or chose to ignore it).

On a serious note, tien, you are letting them off the hook? Credit card fraud is a criminal act. I am not cognizant with the law, but does this deserve a notice of demand from a lawyer or a police report of fraud?

Last edited by kenyalang69; Mar 3, 2010 at 7:17 am Reason: add info
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:17 am

MAS credit card fraud case

kenyalang, most likely I will make a police report.
is currently waiting for more details from citibank.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Current MH website does not allow one to put in destination. No matter what is put on it, the scroll down screen to allow you to choose the destination keeps rolling down and then up again, making it impossible to choose.

I am using firefox web browser.

MH must realise that IE is no longer the preferred browser that people use. So it must comply or upgrade or else lose sales.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tien
kenyalang, most likely I will make a police report.
is currently waiting for more details from citibank.
You can find out from MH who made the booking. But it looks like it has nothing to do with MH themselves but as they are the ticketing agents, that the charge will show up with them.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 5:22 am

These new revelations about the instability of MAS' online booking are indeed shocking.

Calling Malaysia Airlines - particularly Amin Khan (who needs to really get off his high horse and start taking responsibility to address these system issues) and Tan Wai Fong (who needs to exert pressure within the organization before these well publicized system and customer service issues explode into a media disaster) - what exactly are you doing to sort these out? One would hope that a popular forum like FT would spur immediate action, but so far these issues are popping out and all we get is only unhelpful defensive attitude from Amin Khan but not much of anything else!

Having read this thread, I will never book online on MAS' website again. Confidence lost, but potential frustrations prevented.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:54 am
Suspended

If your flight originates from Malaysia, the booking site will not accept payment if you use Amex, its the only airline I have come across with such policy.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:08 am

I felt I had to come back here and report on the further development of situation with my online booking and subsequent events.

While I was able to finalize my booking (with a different card on a different day) I still have to say that overall unreliability of the online booking system is unacceptable. Both from usability and flawed functionality point of view.

HOWEVER, I have to say that the ground staff of Malaysia Airlines at KLIA (both at the KLIA ticket office and at check in counters) turned out to be extremely polite and helpful and I have only words of praise for them. It seems that only call center issues (which were truly an unpleasant experience for me) are giving a bad name to MA staff.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:29 pm

wow, unbelievable! I just was looking to buy a flight on MAS from BKK to LAX. I guess I better pay extra $25 to Asiana and fly them?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
These new revelations about the instability of MAS' online booking are indeed shocking.

Calling Malaysia Airlines - particularly Amin Khan (who needs to really get off his high horse and start taking responsibility to address these system issues) and Tan Wai Fong (who needs to exert pressure within the organization before these well publicized system and customer service issues explode into a media disaster) - what exactly are you doing to sort these out? One would hope that a popular forum like FT would spur immediate action, but so far these issues are popping out and all we get is only unhelpful defensive attitude from Amin Khan but not much of anything else!

Having read this thread, I will never book online on MAS' website again. Confidence lost, but potential frustrations prevented.
I was trying to book return flights to HK and the web page kept throwing out some stupid error MSG and asking me to try later. I tried for hours and called MAS twice before being informed that for return flights, they can't be both coach sharing!! Wasted 3 hours of my time!
What kind of crap system did their system analysts designed? Just inform users of the requirements instead of "application error...please retry later". Any layman can tell a system/application error from a incorrect data validation !!!
No wonder MAS is in the red if they employ novices in senior positions.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:38 pm

Defaulting to wrong flight time.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but the problems continue......... so a challenge to Dr Khan.

I have just booked a flight to Auckland from London with stopovers each way in Kuala Lumpur. There is no choice of flights between KUL and AKL as there is just the one flight per day. However between LHR and KUL there are 2 flights per day morning and evening and I booked the evening flights both ways - or rather was SURE I had.
This was until the confirmation email arrived showing the evening flight out to KUL but the morning flight back meaning an early check-in at KUL - something I DID NOT want.
Immediately I noticed this I contacted the airline on the 24hr "Help"line. It was no "help" at all - it was all my fault for not checking the final "review" page (I am CERTAIN I did) before confirming and if I wanted to change the flight it would be £100 PER PERSON! that is almost 10% of the total fare for all four flight sectors to make one simple change to get me back to where I was.
It seems that the website has a default option already selected of the earliest flight on days/routes where there is more than one flight instead of leaving both options open for the customer to choose from and if the page refreshes for any reason the default seems to kick in again instead of leaving the customer's choice selected.
I have read elsewhere about problems like this with Malaysian where cookies go wrong and wrong selections get booked. So Dr Khan how about removing the pre-selected default choices from multi flight time days OR if you insist on making customer's choices for them have a period within which website induced errors can be corrected free of penalty.

Armed with this information I will be taking the matter up with the London office once again and escalating the matter beyond the first level of contact by insisting on speaking to a supervisor.
In the meantime I would be grateful for Dr Khan's explanation of why my booking went wrong inspite of me checking everything was as I wanted it before clicking to proceed. Together with some justification for the extortionate penalty charge for a simple change.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who's Dr. khan? Does he even read FT?

Why not post your woes on Facebook's MAS group instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.