surfair (monthly membership)

Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

surfair (monthly membership)

http://www.surfair.com/destinations.html

seems to have added a lot of flights

three-month commitment required. Other pricing plans available.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Surf Air is starting a new weekend membership -- Fly Friday - Sunday - California and Vegas - $2,500 per year + $600-750 per flight.

To me this sounds pretty expensive. I can fly roundtrip in F LAX-LAS for $400. I get the saving time at airports, but I am not sure how much baggage can you bring on Surf Air?

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...capes-program/
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG
No matter which way you cut it this is a terrible deal. End of story.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:20 am

Surf Air Inquiry

Hello! New to flytertalk. Stumbled upon this forum when researching memberships for Surf Air. I apologize if I make any amateur comments. To start off, I recently moved from LA to the bay area after 11 years of being a bay area native. Throughout the years I have built a few small businesses in the Southern California region and moved to the bay area for new business opportunities. Although I have put in my place trustworthy people to oversee daily operations in Southern California, I still find myself needing to constantly commute to LA quite often every month usually sticking with Southwest because of their flexibility on last minute changes and large number of available flights from Bay area to LA area.

I've been looking into the Unlimited Basic Plan for Surf Air and was wondering if anybody can steer me the right direction in deciding if I should or should not commit to a 3 month membership.
My usual current route is OAK > BUR a few times a month (I am okay with flying out of San Jose and landing in HHR if need be). Unfortunately, I'm usually a last minute booker so being able to get on a flight either the next day or the day after is essential to making my decision.

Are flights typically booked up the day before departure or do I need to plan my schedule a week in advance? I've also read that "Flights may be used by the Member or any guest of the Member, pending background checks." Will this mean I am able to fly out a guest at any time or am I limited to only flying myself. This isn't a huge deal but would be great as I do have business partners that are interested in becoming members as well but if its not necessary to purchase their own membership, "sharing" a membership makes more sense. Lastly, are there any things I should be aware of as far as bad experiences? Any tips/suggestions on traveling more efficiently rather than using Surf Air as far as time saved or money saved overtime? I am very interested in purchasing a membership that will allow myself to travel to LA/Bay area much more frequently without racking up a much larger monthly tab than I normally do.

Thanks for your time. Still a newbie. Hope to hear some feedback and be more involved in the flyertalk community!

-Victor Y.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.