Private jets selling empty legs direct

Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

many on FT literally like to fly, i dont think any are using this for business travel
some here may use award and nonrefundable (especially if corp fare) as backups

while less publicity worthy, id be interesting in seeing inexpensive planes for charter
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:30 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
helvetic, which one did you take? Can you elaborate? Time crunch, or complete leisure?

I'm very interested to hear the other side of this as all I've heard was negatives and I end up paying (at least) empty leg pricing as a minimum.
Saw a deal pop up for the next morning on KLAS to KPDX; called up a date to ask if she was up for a day-trip. Booked SFO-LAS / PDX-SFO on UA and went to the airport 10min later. First thing next morning, got over to the FBO, flew to PDX with a fantastic crew, Uber'd to town, spent the day and flew back in the evening. Was a fun mid-week 24h adventure. The flight itself was smooth, quick, in a comfy modern plane with a fully stocked minibar. Crew was friendly. No security / airport shenanigans was a huge plus.
essxjay likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by helvetic
Saw a deal pop up for the next morning on KLAS to KPDX; called up a date to ask if she was up for a day-trip. Booked SFO-LAS / PDX-SFO on UA and went to the airport 10min later. First thing next morning, got over to the FBO, flew to PDX with a fantastic crew, Uber'd to town, spent the day and flew back in the evening. Was a fun mid-week 24h adventure. The flight itself was smooth, quick, in a comfy modern plane with a fully stocked minibar. Crew was friendly. No security / airport shenanigans was a huge plus.
Who did you book it through? What kind of plane? Nothing beats pulling up to the FBO and being airborne in 15mins.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:09 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
It was a Phenom 100 manufactured by Embraer and operated by JetSuite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.