Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by AustinP
Jetsmarter smart member here. Empty legs are the only true value to me. I'll leave my membership in that case.

But anyway, where else CAN we find empty legs?

1 jetsmarter
2 wheelsup "hot deals". does anyone have wheels up? how is the availability?
3 where are delta private jets empty legs now? nowhere?

4 anywhere else we can look?

-a
FlyVictor, they have all air hamburg, blink,.. empties - LunaJets, Magellan,... There is a huge list haha
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
FlyVictor, they have all air hamburg, blink,.. empties - LunaJets, Magellan,... There is a huge list haha
Yes. Thank you. ... but -- they are gamey, right? They don't list price. And, when you inquire, the prices are VERY high. Not like $1000, but like $7000.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
FlyVictor is a non starter for most. Incredibly high empty leg prices and terrible email response times.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:51 am

-a
In the US you have West Coast Aviation and JetSuite, which both offer empty legs from $499-$999, but availability is only released the day before.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:46 pm

Jetsmarter smart member here. Empty legs are the only true value to me. I'll leave my membership in that case.

But anyway, where else CAN we find empty legs?

1 jetsmarter
2 wheelsup "hot deals". does anyone have wheels up? how is the availability?
3 where are delta private jets empty legs now? nowhere?

-a
I have found that Magellan has the same flights as victor but at half the cost. This is my current empty leg "flow"

1.) Jetsmarter
2.) JetSuite Suideals (loaded in evening)
3.) WheelsUp Hot Deals (loaded in evening)
4.) West Coast Aviation next day deals (h/t to whomeever rec'd that!)
5.) Magellan empties (HUGE list with heavies, etc. but often $5k-50k, as opposed to some hundreds for the above options)

Open to a better method!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by dval44
I have found that Magellan has the same flights as victor but at half the cost. This is my current empty leg "flow"

1.) Jetsmarter
2.) JetSuite Suideals (loaded in evening)
3.) WheelsUp Hot Deals (loaded in evening)
4.) West Coast Aviation next day deals (h/t to whomeever rec'd that!)
5.) Magellan empties (HUGE list with heavies, etc. but often $5k-50k, as opposed to some hundreds for the above options)

Open to a better method!
Yeah, Jetsuite pioneered the model with the $499 next-day empties. Posted almost every evening about 7pm PT: https://www.jetsuite.com/suitedeal

West Coast Aviation has an email newsletter that offers $599 next-day empties for shorter flights. They're based out of SNA so most are either going to or coming from there. Occasionally they'll have other west coast deals though. They only send the newsletter occasionally; e.g. they did it twice in July. http://www.wcas.aero/

HoboJet is run by a jet management company in Arizona. They occasionally post reasonably priced one-way flights, oftentimes several days or a week+ in advance. They're mostly to/from Arizona... and there are none posted right now. http://hobojet.com/

WheelsUp empties are not available unless you have a $15K membership, and then you still have to purchase them ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong ), so I don't look at them.

I'm not sure where Magellan gets their inventory from, but many of those listed don't actually fly, and prices are close to normal charter prices (for example, an empty from VNY-Napa (APC) is $4100... Jetsmarter and JetSuite both list the retail price of that flight at $5.9K.)

As far as I know, none of the former Jetsmarter operators are elsewhere. Delta Private Jets and the like are just back to flying their empty planes empty.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:47 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by dordal
Yeah, Jetsuite pioneered the model with the $499 next-day empties. Posted almost every evening about 7pm PT: https://www.jetsuite.com/suitedeal

West Coast Aviation has an email newsletter that offers $599 next-day empties for shorter flights. They're based out of SNA so most are either going to or coming from there. Occasionally they'll have other west coast deals though. They only send the newsletter occasionally; e.g. they did it twice in July. http://www.wcas.aero/

HoboJet is run by a jet management company in Arizona. They occasionally post reasonably priced one-way flights, oftentimes several days or a week+ in advance. They're mostly to/from Arizona... and there are none posted right now. http://hobojet.com/

WheelsUp empties are not available unless you have a $15K membership, and then you still have to purchase them ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong ), so I don't look at them.

I'm not sure where Magellan gets their inventory from, but many of those listed don't actually fly, and prices are close to normal charter prices (for example, an empty from VNY-Napa (APC) is $4100... Jetsmarter and JetSuite both list the retail price of that flight at $5.9K.)

As far as I know, none of the former Jetsmarter operators are elsewhere. Delta Private Jets and the like are just back to flying their empty planes empty.

Anything similar like that in Europe?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
Actually, joining the 8760 program ($7k to join) gives you these empties for $317.12 each, but you get the entire plane every time. I am told these planes usually fly as they are WU's own fleet, but I have no data points on that.

Further, you get a free Inspirato membership with 8760, which costs $10k if you buy it straight from Inspirato .

So I am strongly considering getting this membership. Will report back if I do. If one is based in NYC, seems like a no-brainer.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Actually, joining the 8760 program ($7k to join) gives you these empties for $317.12 each, but you get the entire plane every time. I am told these planes usually fly as they are WU's own fleet, but I have no data points on that.

Further, you get a free Inspirato membership with 8760, which costs $10k if you buy it straight from Inspirato .

So I am strongly considering getting this membership. Will report back if I do. If one is based in NYC, seems like a no-brainer.
i had trial access to 8760 for a while. Two weeks went by and there wasn't a single empty leg I was interested in ... and that was even when they still had TMC empty legs in the app.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
i had trial access to 8760 for a while. Two weeks went by and there wasn't a single empty leg I was interested in ... and that was even when they still had TMC empty legs in the app.
Yes, I'm with you on that. I live in Texas and there is very little.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG/MAR Plat; National Emerald Exec
Yes, I'm with you on that. I live in Texas and there is very little.
I'm an 8760 member. If you are considering Inspirato then joining 8760 is a no-brainer. You get the Key membership for $7k and as a bonus you get a "free" peloton, access to some good sporting events, concerts, WU partners, shuttles and empty's for a nominal cost. Most empties are focused on the east and west coasts but there is decent availability and sometimes access to the Helishares twin engine choppers.

I've been reading this thread for a better part of a year and decided not to join JS thanks to many of your posts and feedback. Thus far, I'm happy with 8760 and plan to renew.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by novaguy16
I'm an 8760 member. If you are considering Inspirato then joining 8760 is a no-brainer. You get the Key membership for $7k and as a bonus you get a "free" peloton, access to some good sporting events, concerts, WU partners, shuttles and empty's for a nominal cost. Most empties are focused on the east and west coasts but there is decent availability and sometimes access to the Helishares twin engine choppers.

I've been reading this thread for a better part of a year and decided not to join JS thanks to many of your posts and feedback. Thus far, I'm happy with 8760 and plan to renew.
Thanks Novaguy16! I am looking at it much the same way. Waiting for an empty I can use, then 'paying' $7k the plane and then getting a year of perks out of it. Even just a few Inspirato uses and empties will make it worth it for me.

Quick q: What is the renewal rate on 8760? And also, how does the renewal work with Inspirato?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG/MAR Plat; National Emerald Exec
Thanks Novaguy16! I am looking at it much the same way. Waiting for an empty I can use, then 'paying' $7k the plane and then getting a year of perks out of it. Even just a few Inspirato uses and empties will make it worth it for me.

Quick q: What is the renewal rate on 8760? And also, how does the renewal work with Inspirato?

Thanks!
I haven't come up for renewal on 8760 yet, but when I signed up they said my rate was locked for two years. Inspiratio will be renewed at the then current annual rate (which I believe is currently $2400 and they have it slated to increase by $100 per year for the next 3 years - or so I was told).

Inspirato is amazing btw. Fantastic serivce and they're properties are beautiful. The Jaunts can offer some really good values if you have the flexibility.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Waiting for an empty I can use, then 'paying' $7k !
Can you see empty legs on 8760 without signing up? I'd looked a long time ago and that didn't seem possible, but maybe they've changed it?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by novaguy16
I haven't come up for renewal on 8760 yet, but when I signed up they said my rate was locked for two years. Inspiratio will be renewed at the then current annual rate (which I believe is currently $2400 and they have it slated to increase by $100 per year for the next 3 years - or so I was told).

Inspirato is amazing btw. Fantastic serivce and they're properties are beautiful. The Jaunts can offer some really good values if you have the flexibility.
Just a thought... rather than spend the $7,000 every year for the opportunity to buy an empty leg at a discount (probably at a non-ideal time and date) why don't you simply spend the $ when you need a trip?

I understand the benefits of this for a heavy-user or a single person that can jump place to place at the drop of a hat .. but for any normal business/family man with obligations, the empty leg "membership" is truly a sham.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.