Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by KurtR
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/20/jetsm...-pressure.html

See this article posted four hours ago. Great news on the five year deal with XOJet. I bet TMC comes back too since XOJ and TMC are owned by the same Equity group.

More empty legs for members.
The extension is great news, but how exactly does this mean "more empty legs"? Didn't JetSmarter already have access to all of the XOJet empty legs?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
The extension is great news, but how exactly does this mean "more empty legs"? Didn't JetSmarter already have access to all of the XOJet empty legs?
No! XOJ sells their empties on their member market first and then to JS. Now with this deal all empties will be available to JS and XOJ members. See the press release by XOJ on how they communicated to this deal to their high spend customers at XOJet.com.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by Westin.
They have a half off initiation fee promo this week... kinda like getting one intuition fee off if I buy two lol... hm. tempting
If you're preferred or above with XOJet you'll get the fee waived. If you spend $200k/yr or more you get membership included now.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P

See this article posted four hours ago. Great news on the five year deal with XOJet. I bet TMC comes back too since XOJ and TMC are owned by the same Equity group.

More importantly it will bring on XOJet members. In the XOJet release they state a new app powered by JetSmarter will be available by next Spring. The way I read into this is we'll start seeing a lot more member initiated shuttles.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: A3*S, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, BWR Diamond
transcon routes seems not to be free anymore ?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by larchens
transcon routes seems not to be free anymore ?
What do you mean? LA - NY is still one seat free.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:57 am

when I look for example NY-LA 13 oct : 8 seats free price per seat : 5490 usd
Attached Images  

Last edited by larchens; Sep 21, 2016 at 9:02 am
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by larchens
when I look for example NY-LA 13 oct : 8 seats free price per seat : 5490 usd
That flight requires two tokens--have you used one of yours? First seat is free for me on that flight.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:37 am

ahh that's why
i'm new to that, thx
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist

You know, the most interesting thing I saw on there is that XOJet has about 5,000 customers. Last rumor I heard put Jetsmarter at around 10,000 members.... meaning from a membership standpoint, they're twice as big as XO.

XO probably sees some pretty significant potential gains here, both selling their product to JS's member base, and possibly introducing new people to their brand and gaining some direct clients themselves.

I'm just happy XO will continue to provide empty legs... most of the empties I've taken have been XO flights.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Seems like my dispute with JS was resolved (fingers crossed).

Edited to add: yes, issue was resolved. ^

Last edited by oenophilist; Sep 23, 2016 at 10:32 am
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by oenophilist
Seems like my dispute with JS was resolved (fingers crossed).

Edited to add: yes, issue was resolved. ^
Refresh us - pricing , credits, ?????
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Has anybody checked on data usage for the Jetsmarter app?

I've been going through a lot more data than I used to, and so I checked the iOS statistics (Settings -> Cellular & then scroll down ). I reset them last Sunday, and during this last week JS has used 2.1GB (!!!). Nothing else has used more than a few hundred MB in the same period.

Now I do check the app probably 4-5 times a day while I'm not on wifi, but that's not that much.

Can somebody check their iOS stats and see what your data usage is? Trying to figure out if I'm an oddball, or there's some issue with the app (or if it's just that bad.)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dordal
Has anybody checked on data usage for the Jetsmarter app?

I've been going through a lot more data than I used to, and so I checked the iOS statistics (Settings -> Cellular & then scroll down ). I reset them last Sunday, and during this last week JS has used 2.1GB (!!!). Nothing else has used more than a few hundred MB in the same period.

Now I do check the app probably 4-5 times a day while I'm not on wifi, but that's not that much.

Can somebody check their iOS stats and see what your data usage is? Trying to figure out if I'm an oddball, or there's some issue with the app (or if it's just that bad.)
You're not wrong at all, it consumes insane amounts of data on my phone as well, no idea why. 7.1gb over the past few months
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: QF LTG
Not sure how long the period my phone has monitored but it's showing 27.1GB for JetSmarter and only 8GB for Instagram which I use way more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.