Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
To be fair to the poster, there is a difference in security flying shuttles with JS vs when I've flown on our corporate or chartered jet.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyorDie88
Anyone notice there's no more toggle option for heli transfers on empty legs in and out of NYC area airports?
That's annoying, I hope it's not true but things change with JS like the wind.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mwood20
That's annoying, I hope it's not true but things change with JS like the wind.
It's true. Now if you want the the heli transfer it's a full charter rate. The next chip to fall will be he subsidized heli transfers on the shuttles.

The worst part is they simply release an app update w the new changes. There is never an official communication about it.

Emptys lose major appeal when you have to treck to HPN or Jersey...
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Townshend
I've met persons on shuttles that have their families as members. Initial members were allowed a spouse to be included in their membership as well.
Interesting. I've always felt we should have the option to designate a significant other as a lead passenger.

That's how's wheels up 8760 does it. I have my wife on their and she can fly on any of the shuttles or empty legs without me. Same for the member experiences.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I still have the Heli Transfer toggle

I just looked at the LA-NYC shuttle and I have the toggle.

Anyone notice there's no more toggle option for heli transfers on empty legs in and out of NYC area airports?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by backdoc
I think he meant on the empty legs; not the shuttles. Everyone still has it on the shuttles but empty legs now charge full price.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:19 am

Ahhh!

Its going to suck to have to start paying for shuttle helicopter transfers to/from NYC when our memberships renew. HPN is far from the city.

Steve

Originally Posted by dordal
I think he meant on the empty legs; not the shuttles. Everyone still has it on the shuttles but empty legs now charge full price.

Last edited by backdoc; Oct 29, 2016 at 10:30 am
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:46 am

Yes, you're looking at shuttles. The empty legs, do not.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:48 am

Its going to suck to have to start paying for shuttle helicopter transfers to/from NYC when our memberships renew. HPN is far from the city.

Steve
I already pay for heli transfers - $150 for tetorboro and $250 for westcHester. That said, I was given a bunch of fight credits and so they've all been covered under that credit thus far.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:20 pm

Something about this message really makes my hair stand on end.

- You fly private "frequently and often" for business and for pleasure, but can't differentiate between "are" and "our" or use correct punctuation. While this is certainly feasible, is casts doubt on the story.

- You claim to be concerned about family safety, but want us to "walk you through" security protocols, and you specifically want to know about x-ray machines, bomb sniffing dogs, and who is contracted to perform safety inspections. These are not normal questions for family members joining a charter.

- Let me say that YES, usually FBOs have dogs sniffing around, have police officers around, and sometimes border patrol. It varies by FBO, and some have full-on metal detectors and TSA (BOS, for instance).

Fingers crossed that I am being rude (in which case I am sorry), and this is just a slightly out-of-touch poster. Last line of defense, of course, is a full plane of 20-40 year-old men who would not let anything fishy go down without severe consequences.

Originally Posted by Ajtnp11
Hello everyone, I am interested in joining JS and have been in contact with JS and it's sales team. I have flown PJs frequently and often for personal and business. After reading the forum comments; my question is from a members standpoint, can you walk me through the time you get to the FBO to the plane. I have two young children and my wife's concern is the security checkpoint (since there will be strangers sharing the flight). The reason I ask on the forum, I have asked two different salesperson and received two different answers. Is it TSA providing the service? Are you walking through metal detectors? Is your carry on going through X-ray machine? Are there bomb sniffing dogs. Are you seeing different security protocol at various hubs? As we all know, are concern is our health and safety. But traveling with my family, I'd like some additional light shined on this. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by dval44
Something about this message really makes my hair stand on end.

- You fly private "frequently and often" for business and for pleasure, but can't differentiate between "are" and "our" or use correct punctuation. While this is certainly feasible, is casts doubt on the story.

- You claim to be concerned about family safety, but want us to "walk you through" security protocols, and you specifically want to know about x-ray machines, bomb sniffing dogs, and who is contracted to perform safety inspections. These are not normal questions for family members joining a charter.

- Let me say that YES, usually FBOs have dogs sniffing around, have police officers around, and sometimes border patrol. It varies by FBO, and some have full-on metal detectors and TSA (BOS, for instance).

Fingers crossed that I am being rude (in which case I am sorry), and this is just a slightly out-of-touch poster. Last line of defense, of course, is a full plane of 20-40 year-old men who would not let anything fishy go down without severe consequences.
Ya the post struck me as odd too. If the family is worried about safety, I'd be more worried about flying commercial then flying a $10k+ a year private ride share service.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Ya the post struck me as odd too. If the family is worried about safety, I'd be more worried about flying commercial then flying a $10k+ a year private ride share service.
+1 Just my opinion but I hope not to ever on a plane with that poster.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL, UA
The worst part is they simply release an app update w the new changes. There is never an official communication about it....
+1
Unfortunately changes are inevitable....as crazy as it is the T&Cs stipulate JS can make any change they want whenever they want. The changes are one thing and there's sure been a lot of them. The more frustrating thing is the lack of notice to existing customers.
Clearly they know they're making a change - they update the app! Is sending an email blast out or posting to facebook asking too much
I think it is safe to assume they're not letting members know of changes on purpose.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:36 pm

New York - London price increase

Speaking of changes...looks like KHPN - EGGW is now $2490.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:00 pm

That is just crazy.

Ugh... I won't pay that, and I just flew it a week or so ago.

Oh.. they did announce that it would increase during the holiday. Even the Van Nuys to White Plains on November 23 is an extra $740 @ $6230

Originally Posted by ensnare
Speaking of changes...looks like KHPN - EGGW is now $2490.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.