Rosen Center

Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Avis First
Rosen Center

I'm attending a conference in Orlando and my company, in their infitite wisdom, has decided that our whole delegation will be staying at the Rosen Center (next to Orlando Convention Center) even though the Peabody is only $20 more per night while we're there.

Has anyone stayed there? From the name (and their website), I get the impression this will be a trip back to college dorm life. If you've stayed there and can calm me down, I'd really appreciate it!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you enjoy being able to easily eaves drop on your neighbors you will just love this property.

If you wondered where all of that Chinese cardboard went before they started putting it in their food exports, Harris Rosen used it to build all of his crap hotels.

Cabrini Green residents go, "WTH?" when they see a Rosen hotel room.

The guy who does all of those Motel 6 commercials won't even stay in a Rosen hotel.

Seriously, the lobby is OK, kinda like an up scale Holiday Inn, a little too much marble [over compensating?]. I suppose the suites are half-decent in terms of basic amenities and the décor is a kind of Earth-tone modern but all of the rooms are truly Motel 6/Super 8 construction/ material/ finish level quality.

Overall I would say the Rosen Plaza is equal to about a lower to mid level Sheraton [without the SweetSleeper].

Last edited by anrkitec; Aug 9, 2007 at 9:41 pm
Old Aug 19, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
I just stayed in the Peabody, and while the room/lobby were nice, it wasn't what I expected of a Peabody. It's probably no better than the Rosen.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:40 pm

Anyone stayed here recently? I hear they just renovated it.

Also curious of having Elite iPrefered status will do anything for me at this hotel other than maybe quicker checkin.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:07 pm

I stayed there last November in 2015, no major issues. It was no Waldorf or Hilton but it was far better than any Motel 6 I've stayed in.

If you are simply staying there to sleep and shower, its more than enough. If you expect to have fine dining or be entertained by the hotels amenities, look elsewhere.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:33 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm going for a conference and this is my only choice so I will make the best of it. I do have Prefered Hotels Elite status so I'm hoping that at least gets me something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.