Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Florida > Orlando
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 23, 06, 2:30 am   #1

Sanford airport (SFB) pickup?

My in-laws are coming to join us in Orlando next month, flying with Icelandair into Sanford airport.

My husband and I always use MCO, so we aren't familiar with SFB.

Is there a logical pick-up point where we can tell my in-laws to meet us? They will be arriving on an international flight so will need to clear customs and imigration at SFB.

When we drive to SFB to collect them, will there be clear signs to direct us to parking for international arrivals?

Thanks,
Susan
SusanDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 06, 10:35 am   #2

SFB is a very easy airport to navigate. I was last there 4 years ago, but it stiil had free parking and a very small arrival hall. A quick trip to Sanford, if you live close by should make it very easy to arrange a meeting place. Sorry I couldn't help more, but haven't been there lately.
tinnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 06, 5:30 pm   #3

Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA plat-Marriot silver - low status on Hilton & SPG
I have a Sanford related question. I see that Allegiant airline is popping up all over the country with cheap direct flights to Sanford. What is the best way to Disney resorts from Sanford? Is there a Disney shuttle?
ksucats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 06, 7:39 pm   #4
mkt

Programs: AA PLT; B6 Mosaic; CM/UA 1P; VS Silver; Emerald Club Executive; Europcar Elite VIP, Amex MR
the easiest way from SFB - WDW is... ugh... Mears.

Disney's Magical Express only picks up at MCO, so that's a no go.

I'd honestly recommend a Towncar service. I've dealt with Quicksilver Tours before for transportation, and recommend them to anyone. Their website is http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/
Old Mar 31, 06, 8:10 am   #5

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksucats
I have a Sanford related question. I see that Allegiant airline is popping up all over the country with cheap direct flights to Sanford. What is the best way to Disney resorts from Sanford? Is there a Disney shuttle?
For how many people?

Does the term best mean to you "most economical" or "quickest" or "most comfortable"?
SlowTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote