Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

MCO International Immigration - Faster Line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

MCO... no GE for this trip.

International immigration on my last trip appeared to have a quicker line for those traveling with an ESTA and been within last few years... you had to head left rather than right.

Did I make this up?

It seemed the quicker line headed directly to the computer terminals rather than having to use the regular line. If I am right does this ever change... don't fancy storming off to the left only to get sent back!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Who are you flying in with as they have at least two facilities for international arrivals at MCO

We had an odd experience landing on B6 the other day. Computer terminals were to the left, regular line was to the right.

However there were signs saying terminals were for US & Canadian citizens only, so we got in a very slow moving line behind a flight from Brazil.

Then there was a rolling display on the TV screens that said ESTA pax could use the terminals. I left the rest of the family in the line & asked one of the Ambassadors, who told me that "once the line had cleared for US & Canadian citizens, they would open it up to ESTA passengers" which seemed rather strange, as potentially it would never clear, (and there was never any announcement made).

So in our case, yes definitely quicker with an ESTA, and the line was on the left.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Who are you flying in with as they have at least two facilities for international arrivals at MCO

We had an odd experience landing on B6 the other day. Computer terminals were to the left, regular line was to the right.

However there were signs saying terminals were for US & Canadian citizens only, so we got in a very slow moving line behind a flight from Brazil.

Then there was a rolling display on the TV screens that said ESTA pax could use the terminals. I left the rest of the family in the line & asked one of the Ambassadors, who told me that "once the line had cleared for US & Canadian citizens, they would open it up to ESTA passengers" which seemed rather strange, as potentially it would never clear, (and there was never any announcement made).

So in our case, yes definitely quicker with an ESTA, and the line was on the left.
Think we ended up with similar experiences; landed on 01/09 with BA. Arrived and one of the first off the plane only to be guided to a holding room set up to hold people in a queue. Short wait and 50 pax allowed to proceed to main area to join a packed queue with a German and Brazilian flight ahead of us.

The line to the left was blocked off.

Around 3/5 of the way around the main queue we reached a point where they were asking pax if they were on ESTA and had travelled before. We had so were guided to the computer terminals which were under utilised most of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.