Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay after conference

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigBopper
Mid September is actually dirt cheap in Orlando and there are literally hundreds of options that offer shuttle service that can be had for under $100/night.

One thing to note, if you stay at a Disney property you can park at the theme parks for free. IMHO, $17/day isn't a bad deal in order to have your freedom to go where you want, when you want.

Just a heads up, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party begins that week and the Magic Kingdom will close at 7pm 2 days unless you purchase the separate

admission to the party.
I am rethinking about my stay in Orlando-daily conference ends about 2pm and there are discount tickets to the park after 2 and 4pm so I will probably go to the park after the conferences. So once conference it is over I wont need to visit the park. Therefore my hotel choice can be away from the park, and we will have a rental. So open to more suggestions with hotels away from the park.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I think the risk you run is that if you're driven by price you're going to end up somewhere pretty ropey. That Hilton I quoted would on the face of it appear to give good value for a top-end hotel. Yes you can pay $50 a night on I-Drive, but it'll feel like a $50/nt hotel.

I guess September is somewhere in the lower end of the mid-season, so you could always sit tight & hope for some offers to come through...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I think the risk you run is that if you're driven by price you're going to end up somewhere pretty ropey. That Hilton I quoted would on the face of it appear to give good value for a top-end hotel. Yes you can pay $50 a night on I-Drive, but it'll feel like a $50/nt hotel.

I guess September is somewhere in the lower end of the mid-season, so you could always sit tight & hope for some offers to come through...
I am not totally driven by price but in this economy if i can save a few books why not. I didnt say anywhere that my price range is $50/night. Initially,I was focused on ease of getting to the park but since I decided to go to the park from the conference site, that's no longer an issue and thats why I said now I can stay any where in Orlando.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you have a car, why confine your choices to Orlando?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by carnivaltime
I am rethinking about my stay in Orlando-daily conference ends about 2pm and there are discount tickets to the park after 2 and 4pm so I will probably go to the park after the conferences. So once conference it is over I wont need to visit the park. Therefore my hotel choice can be away from the park, and we will have a rental. So open to more suggestions with hotels away from the park.
What do you want to be near? What else do you want to do?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you have a car, why confine your choices to Orlando?
Not really confined to Orlando but once conference is over some of the attendee's will be staying on like us and hanging out for the weekend so didnt want to be too far away.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I am not totally driven by price but in this economy if i can save a few books why not. I didnt say anywhere that my price range is $50/night. Initially,I was focused on ease of getting to the park but since I decided to go to the park from the conference site, that's no longer an issue and thats why I said now I can stay any where in Orlando.
No you didn't, but you've rejected hotels at $180 and $130. I believe the Hilton is offering good value and it's been recommended by others. There's a Marriott Courtyard that rates well for $70 just over the other side of I4 from Downtown Disney, but I suspect I would get twice as much utility from staying at the Hilton.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Not really confined to Orlando but once conference is over some of the attendee's will be staying on like us and hanging out for the weekend so didnt want to be too far away.
You could do the east coast (cocoa beach) or the west coast (St Pete/Clearwater). Something outside the confines of the Mouse and Harry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.