In Kentucky, Fried Chicken History

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
In Kentucky, Fried Chicken History

NYT: In Kentucky, Fried Chicken History

Admittedly, I do not think I knew "Duncan Hines" was a real person until I read this...

While I'm not a huge KFC fan, I'd go see the museum if I were nearby and I think the history behind KFC is pretty cool.

Cumberland Falls does not work the magic it once did, and Corbin itself is not high on anyone’s list of tourist destinations. But the Colonel Harland Sanders Cafe and Museum is a modest must. In addition to capturing a pivotal moment in the mass-marketing of American vernacular food, it evokes a dreamlike time, before the arrival of the Interstate System and its proliferation of fast-food restaurants and chain hotels, when traveling the American highway was a thrilling, high-risk proposition, with marvelous discoveries and ghastly disappointments waiting at every turn.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:37 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Amazing how influential KFC has been around the world... http://buildingmybento.wordpress.com...fried-chicken/

A little more on-topic, I visited a KFC information center/museum in Louisville two years ago, and saw a Chinese tour group taking it all in. No need to further convince that country of the appeal though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.