Where to stay (not Disney)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay (not Disney)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AAEXP, and every other one on the planet
Yup, that one I have stayed at several times, including first back in 2002 I think... was great location with the kids, they loved the big pool at the World Center hotel. Now I like the Grand Vista for a more relaxed vacation with my SO... better golf course also...
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I believe I received an offer from marriott for a weekend stay (?) of 4 or 5 nights at one of their timeshare properties, plus some admissions to parks for $250pp.

Unfortunately, I didn't read it very thoroughly, so I'm not 100% sure of the details. I also threw it away, so I can't check.

Perhaps calling Marriott timeshares will get you the same offer. I received the offer in the last week or so.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:55 pm

Not sure if this meets the OP's criteria but maybe check out the Radisson Lake Buena Vista. It's more of a value hotel rather than a resort.
We stayed there a couple of years back via a Priceline win and would have found it to be great value even without it being a discounted room. Location was great too as it was just outside the Disney grounds so travelling to and from the parks was easy. Good reviews on TripAdvisor too.
My only warning would be that the hotel is located on the corner of a high traffic area so you'll likely encounter traffic noise hanging out by the pool.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I highly recommend the Hilton Orlando, especially if you have gold or diamond status. The rooms are expensive on the wrong nights, but between the Executive Lounge and the mini-water resort, I think it's a good value for a family, especially younger kids who will be amply amused by a lazy river, a kiddie pool and a water slide.

The executive lounge has a nice breakfast, free soft drinks all day (including bottled water), heavy appetizers (including pizza, mini-burgers, and elaborate salads) that can serve as an early dinner in the evenings, and dessert selections after that. If you really don't want to leave the resort one day, the restaurant by the pool seems expensive, but the servings are huge. For example, the $12 pizza will easily feed 2 adults.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I highly recommend the Hilton Orlando, especially if you have gold or diamond status. The rooms are expensive on the wrong nights, but between the Executive Lounge and the mini-water resort, I think it's a good value for a family, especially younger kids who will be amply amused by a lazy river, a kiddie pool and a water slide.

The executive lounge has a nice breakfast, free soft drinks all day (including bottled water), heavy appetizers (including pizza, mini-burgers, and elaborate salads) that can serve as an early dinner in the evenings, and dessert selections after that. If you really don't want to leave the resort one day, the restaurant by the pool seems expensive, but the servings are huge. For example, the $12 pizza will easily feed 2 adults.
I agree stayed there two times last year.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:50 am

We always stay at the Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa and love it. You can even check-in for your flight next door at the mall.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:17 pm

My trip back in Dec, we had 5 of us in the group and just booked one of the vacation rental houses. Was paying about $80 a night - it's a bit of a drive in the morning/evening (about 15-20 minutes) but for that price couldn't really go wrong.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Sorry guys, but the Holiday Inn Resort is a bit of a let down. Looks like you might get way better treatment as an owner here, but even with Platinum Status in Priority Club, i've been treated as more of an inconvenience.

I'd definitely recommend staying elsewhere - we had a far better time at the Hilton GVC Sea World 2 years back. Granted no lazy river, but the pool was great and mini golf on I-Drive is more entertaining than they can provide here.

Tripadvisor review here - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Apr 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.