FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   Seaworld / Aquatica and maybe Busch Gardens (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1172801-seaworld-aquatica-maybe-busch-gardens.html)

zutalors Jan 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Seaworld / Aquatica and maybe Busch Gardens

This March Break (Mar 14-20) we plan on "doing" Seaworld/Aquatica and maybe Busch Gardens. Last year March Break in Orlando was cold (I think highs were lucky to reach 70, we were cold at Universal), so I am hesitant on pre-vacation buying any tickets to Aquatica. I've read that Southwest Rapid Reward members get a 20% discount on tickets at the gate. Can anyone confirm this?

B.

toomanybooks Jan 18, 2011 10:19 am

Originally Posted by zutalors (Post 15666412)
I've read that Southwest Rapid Reward members get a 20% discount on tickets at the gate. Can anyone confirm this?

B.

Don't know about that, but call the closest Sam's Club and Costco to any amusement parks. Often they have deals for passes that are not searchable online.

I've bought at Costco for Disney in FL and CA, and I seem to recall other theme/water park tickets.

happymommy Feb 20, 2011 9:58 am

You can buy a pass through Sesame Place website called a Super Grover Pass - it's on sale right now (about $150) and it's good for all the parks you're going to (each Seaworld park, each Busch Gardens park, Aquatica, and Sesame Place) till the end of the year. Plus free parking and a large discount if you do Discovery Cove ($169 swim with dolphins, $69 non swim).

The thing is you must pay (I think it's $8) to have them fedex a real activated ticket.

We're going to buy these to go to Sea World, Busch Gardens in Tampa and Aquatica next month, plus DC with the discount. Then we plan on going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this summer for a few days. It covers all those plus free parking.

I think it's a good deal, if you're visiting so many parks. I'm also hoping for some really warm weather this time! Last March we froze!

zutalors Mar 3, 2011 6:27 am

Thanks for the Super Grover Pass - I checked and you can only buy them until March 1st.

djk7 Mar 3, 2011 2:10 pm

You're right that the weather can be variable this time of year. Last week the highs were in the low 80s, this week high 70s, but in two weeks it could just as easily drop into the 40s.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 15682546)
Don't know about that, but call the closest Sam's Club and Costco to any amusement parks. Often they have deals for passes that are not searchable online.

I've bought at Costco for Disney in FL and CA, and I seem to recall other theme/water park tickets.

I haven't seen any Sea World/Aquatica/Busch Gardens tickets at Costco on Orlando for quite a while. Not sure about Sam's Club or BJs.

ZeppoX Sep 12, 2011 9:49 am

Even though too late for the OP, I am posting this Sea World discount link just so the thread will be complete.

http://dealspl.us/seaworld-coupons

There are many other sites, and a web search on for sea world promo codes will pull up a ton of them, but you have to be aware that some are specific to a single Sea World location.

In addition, pretty much any one-day ticket to Sea World Orlando includes a second day free. You have to go to a window just inside the turnstiles, to your left, to validate the second day.

Also, to use a promo code on Sea World's web site, the first thing you have to do is click on a link at the top nav bar to "promo code" to enter it, and then go to order tickets. There is no opportunity to do so in the shopping cart.

See also: http://www.mousesavers.com/seaworldorlando.html

blondeterp Oct 2, 2011 8:00 pm

Was just at Sea World last weekend and was planning on doing the 1 day pass (get second day free.)
At the gate, annual passes to Sea World/Aquatica were going for $159 and passes good till the end of the year were going for about $99.

We jumped on the Annual passes and got to check out Aquatica.

Now that I have a pass, will probably vacay in Orlando a little more this year.

Ancien Maestro Oct 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by blondeterp (Post 17209721)
Was just at Sea World last weekend and was planning on doing the 1 day pass (get second day free.)
At the gate, annual passes to Sea World/Aquatica were going for $159 and passes good till the end of the year were going for about $99.

We jumped on the Annual passes and got to check out Aquatica.

Now that I have a pass, will probably vacay in Orlando a little more this year.

Generally the annual passes are a pretty good deal.. The Sea World San Antonio we visited, was only like $7 more for the annual pass, then it cost to go one day on regular price.. Definitely some value..

We did WDW, but didn't venture to see other parks over last Christmas Break..