Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

TIP: Anyone Can Buy and Use the UK 14 Day and UK 21 Day Ultimate Ticket

Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

TIP: Anyone Can Buy and Use the Disney World UK 14 Day and UK 21 Day Ultimate Ticket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning a 21 night trip for my family of 4 including a 1 year old and 5 year old. We are also Canadian. So the ten day ticket was what we were considering, and didn't seem to be the right product since we wanted the flexibility of visiting throughout our vacation, and Christmas break being a zoo, we wanted to visit the attractions during the low season before the crowds arrived, as well as taking in the Disney World environment during the holidays. The annual pass was a good option, but we're planning to go once within a year for just the 21 night vacation. The annual pass has free parking but would have cost $230 approximately more per ticket, and we would have to buy 3 tickets.. so that put us out of the market.

Frustrated, I found that the UK is offered a 14 day ticket and 21 day ticket. The 14 day ticket is buy 7, get another 7 no charge. The UK 21 day ticket is only $8 more per ticket than the 10 day ticket. Being Canadian, I researched this forum and found no answers whether a non UK resident can buy this ticket and be granted admittance. www.mousesavers.com alluded to international visitors being able to buy an extended ticket but didn't say where.. Still no answers to be found anywhere, but we really wanted to access Disney for 21 days based on the UK product.

Crossing our fingers we ordered the UK 21 day ticket from an authorized ticket reseller. Payment was processed, and I called the next day to confirm shipment and answers. Apparently Disney will not stop anyone including Americans, or other international visitors from purchasing any ticket that anyone wants, nor will admission be refused at the door. Resellers are under contract not to be able to market this fact explicitly. So the official word is that anyone can buy this ticket and use it.. it could be a bit inconvenient to purchase, but its' definitely worth the hassle to buy a 21 day MYW Park Hopper Water Park & Fun ticket for $8US more than a 10 day MYW Park Hopper Water Park & Fun ticket. I did end up buying the tickets from an Orlando vendor for this product; it was relatively easy to obtain this ticket.

Since buying the tickets about three weeks ago, I've verified with Disney staff members time in and time out again, that anyone can buy and use this ticket.. I'm happy to announce that Disney has implemented a roundabout way to obtain additional heavy discounts on longer stay at Disney World.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Oct 21, 2010 at 6:35 pm
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
TIP: Anyone Can Buy and Use the Disney World UK 14 Day and UK 21 Day Ultimate Ticket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning a 21 night trip for my family of 4 including a 1 year old and 5 year old. We are also Canadian. So the ten day ticket was what we were considering, and didn't seem to be the right product since we wanted the flexibility of visiting throughout our vacation, and Christmas break being a zoo, we wanted to visit the attractions during the low season before the crowds arrived, as well as taking in the Disney World environment during the holidays. The annual pass was a good option, but we're planning to go once within a year for just the 21 night vacation. The annual pass has free parking but would have cost $230 approximately more per ticket, and we would have to buy 3 tickets.. so that put us out of the market.

Frustrated, I found that the UK is offered a 14 day ticket and 21 day ticket. The 14 day ticket is buy 7, get another 7 no charge. The UK 21 day ticket is only $8 more per ticket than the 10 day ticket. Being Canadian, I researched this forum and found no answers whether a non UK resident can buy this ticket and be granted admittance. www.mousesavers.com alluded to international visitors being able to buy an extended ticket but didn't say where.. Still no answers to be found anywhere, but we really wanted to access Disney for 21 days based on the UK product.

Crossing our fingers we ordered the UK 21 day ticket from an authorized ticket reseller. Payment was processed, and I called the next day to confirm shipment and answers. Apparently Disney will not stop anyone including Americans, or other international visitors from purchasing any ticket that anyone wants, nor will admission be refused at the door. Resellers are under contract not to be able to market this fact explicitly. So the official word is that anyone can buy this ticket and use it.. it could be a bit inconvenient to purchase, but its' definitely worth the hassle to buy a 21 day MYW Park Hopper Water Park & Fun ticket for $8US more than a 10 day MYW Park Hopper Water Park & Fun ticket. I did end up buying the tickets from an Orlando vendor for this product; it was relatively easy to obtain this ticket.

Since buying the tickets about three weeks ago, I've verified with Disney staff members time in and time out again, that anyone can buy and use this ticket.. I'm happy to announce that Disney has implemented a roundabout way to obtain additional heavy discounts on longer stay at Disney World.

I am not sure as far as Ticketing's process on allowing the sell of these tickets, but I do warn you against 'authorized resellers' for his particular ticket. Being a Cast Member formerly positioned at Main Entrances, I can tell you that we had many guests who bought these tickets from who they thought were authorized resellers, their biometrics on the ticket didn't work and we go to look up the ticket's history, we find out that the ticket had been used say 3 months ago then not anymore, The ticket is also registered to another person, therefore we would have to deny admittance and ask that the guest speak with Guest Relations.

Just make sure it's an authorized ticket reseller!! Many dealers in the Orlando area are not!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I agree to use a authorized reseller.. an undisputed authorized reseller here on the forum is www.undercovertourist.com, and they offer the 14 day and 21 day ultimate passes for sale and free delivery to your door.

I've got my tickets through www.orlandoattractions.com .. and received my tickets in good order via secured postage.

Other than showing up personally and checking at the kiosk.. anybody have advice how to check out whether a ticket has been used or not? Can you do this electronically?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Other than showing up personally and checking at the kiosk.. anybody have advice how to check out whether a ticket has been used or not? Can you do this electronically?
Well, call me crazy, but you could always just buy a legitimate ticket from Disney and not have to worry about whether your treading the fine line of legality and ethics (while saving you a few bucks) will result in big headaches on what is presumably supposed to be a relaxing vacation.

If you're planning a 3-week vacation to Orlando but the $700 additional that annual passes would cost put you "out of the market", then I think you're vacationing in the wrong place (or for too long).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Well, call me crazy, but you could always just buy a legitimate ticket from Disney and not have to worry about whether your treading the fine line of legality and ethics (while saving you a few bucks) will result in big headaches on what is presumably supposed to be a relaxing vacation.

If you're planning a 3-week vacation to Orlando but the $700 additional that annual passes would cost put you "out of the market", then I think you're vacationing in the wrong place (or for too long).
Buying from authorized resellers licensed by Disney is above reproach IMO. Besides the 21 day ticket is $8 more than the 10 day ticket.. so does everyone who buy a 10 day ticket should buy an annual pass as you suggest?

It has crossed my mind to buy one annual pass out of the group as an after thought. There is a reason why so many of the 10 day passes are sold, and for 11 days more and $8, I believe there is a market for these passes. But, you're right it is a consideration.. if I went for a month and just wanted to do Disney, your suggestion would be a slam dunk. 3 weeks exclusive Disney is lots.. a month might be a bit overkill without seeing other theme parks. Besides with the 3 week pass, we are planning to see other attractions during the stay.. the three week pass, price just makes it that much more flexible to hit up Disney when its down time, and enjoy Disney at Peak Season as well.

Scouring the internet, there appears no available way to check out tickets. I've got 3 2 day passes I would like to see are still legitimate.. but looks like the comments throughout the internet seems like there's no way to check except onsite at Guest Services. Disney should have some sort of verification method provided available for all guests IMHO.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:03 pm

I agree to use a authorized reseller.. an undisputed authorized reseller here on the forum is www.undercovertourist.com, and they offer the 14 day and 21 day ultimate passes for sale and free delivery to your door.

I've got my tickets through www.orlandoattractions.com .. and received my tickets in good order via secured postage.

The hotline to Guest Information is (407) 939-6244. I have no idea if they will tell you if the ticket has been used over the phone, the only way I have seen it done is by going to a Guest Relations Host/Hostess while on Disney Property.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
If you can navigate onto the UK disney website, you can buy these tickets on line. What's better, the tickets are then presented electronically and you just print them off.

No worry about the mail, no worry about fraud.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:54 pm

Those tickets have to be taken to a Vacation Planning (ticket) booth or Guest Relations, who may ask if you a UK citizen or not. I have no idea on the specifics but I'm sure it says on the website's terms.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robtking
Those tickets have to be taken to a Vacation Planning (ticket) booth or Guest Relations, who may ask if you a UK citizen or not. I have no idea on the specifics but I'm sure it says on the website's terms.
Originally Posted by robtking
I am not sure as far as Ticketing's process on allowing the sell of these tickets, but I do warn you against 'authorized resellers' for his particular ticket. Being a Cast Member formerly positioned at Main Entrances, I can tell you that we had many guests who bought these tickets from who they thought were authorized resellers, their biometrics on the ticket didn't work and we go to look up the ticket's history, we find out that the ticket had been used say 3 months ago then not anymore, The ticket is also registered to another person, therefore we would have to deny admittance and ask that the guest speak with Guest Relations.

Just make sure it's an authorized ticket reseller!! Many dealers in the Orlando area are not!

The ticket reseller noted to me that anyone can buy and use this ticket.. even Americans. They have sold this ticket a thousand times over without a problem. Once onsite, like any other ticket, you swipe and they'll obtain your finger print. There is the option of getting a voucher I've heard and obtaining the ticket at Guest Relations as you have mentioned.

Robtking.. you mentioned you were a cast member, and you checked these tickets.. if there was a problem with the tickets, the guests were then sent to guest relations as you've mentioned.. Seems to me a two step process you described.. good tickets allowed admission.. tickets with problems with biometrics are sent to guest relations.. but your latest post says straight to guest relations.. seems like two completely different and contradicting processes you've communicated. What is the exact process?

Edit: I can see the need to visit guest relations if you have a electronic ticket. Sorry robtking.. misread your comment about the electronic tickets.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Nov 11, 2010 at 10:37 am
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:36 am

Sorry about they confusion. As you mentioned anything that you print off has to be taken to a window where they print your hard ticket.

As for selling the ticket, I have no clue My only thought is based on my time working as in main entrance, I was surprised how many UK 14 and 21 tickets had to be turned down to people who seemed innocent enough that they legitimately thought they were buying good tickets, ie they could use them. But if the dealer is saying they are authorized resellers, then go for it !
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Screening Ebay, sounds like the problem could extend to any tickets that are being sold by unauthorized resellers.. I imagine that you've got quite a bit of those too?

I would never buy any ticket for any length unless from an authorized reseller.. so what you say is true.^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.