Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting from CO to UA in MCO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Connecting from CO to UA in MCO

Anyone know if a 38 min connection from CO Connection to UA is doable in MCO? UA is offering a pretty cheap routing PNS-MCO-IAD, but I'm not sure if the 38 minute connection is a good idea. It looks like UA is in airside B and CO is in airside A.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
CO and UA go out of Airside 1 and 3 respectively. Take the monorail in to the main terminal building, turn right on exit and board the other monorail to the UA gates. Hope there's no international flight horse hockey going on or you'll be reclearing security. 38 minutes should be adequate if your inbound has no delays and you don't have to reclear...
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I'm not so sure I would want to try it. Continental uses terminal A while UA uses terminal B. To move from one to another, you will have to reclear security and this "could" be troublesome, depending on time of day. Perhaps someone will correct me if there is a way to get from A to B without the need to reclear security, but I don't think so.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't think there is a way to get from A to B without reclearing security.

The walk alone should take about 10 minutes, tops, but it's getting through security that could take about 15 minutes.

I wouldn't chance it.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I'm with NY-FLA on this, as long as you don't follow the crowd and inadvertently exit the secure area, you can make the change with without having to re-clear security. Just take the train to the main terminal building, walk over to the bank of trains to your right, and follow signs to UA.

Just to be clear, even though they are referred to as terminal A and B, there is only one main terminal, A is on one side, B on the other. There are 4 airside concourses, numbered 1-4, but those numbers are not used on any signage at the airport. Each terminal has two airside concourses, which are at opposite ends of the main terminal, and would require re-clearing security. See this airport map for more details, you will be going from the upper left concourse to the lower left one.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If it's a busy time at MCO, it can take a LONG time to get through security, at least at the checkpoint going out to the WN planes (gates 60-129 or something like that). So be certain you know what you are getting into.

My family goes to visit the Mouse a couple times a year and that bottleneck is GODAWFUL. Whoever designed it should be shot.

An hour plus it took us at 7:15 am last time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.