Discount Disney World tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Disney World tickets?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I posted the actual specials in the other thread. The dining plan deal is only a moderate resorts currently, and yes it could definitely be better value going with the room discount on Deluxe, and Deluxe resorts, and paying for the dining plan seperately.

Regarding Le Cellier, very lucky to get supper, a better value for lunch. Granted, it is misleading to think that every restaurant under the dining plan will give you as much value as we received at Le Cellier. I think with tip it would have came to $185.. So it was three adults and a three year old that this bill we had reflected.. and the steaks/meals are certainly more expensive a supper time. So three steaks.. $43 average, 1 kids steak, 4 drinks, 4 desserts. $160 maybe a bit low come to think of it once you get the steaks, kids meal, 4 drinks and 4 desserts.

Even Crystal Palace, supper buffet is about double than the lunch, so better value to go for supper. I dunno. if I was paying for all these high end restaurants, We would have tortured ouselves with a bill coming to about $1,500 for the 9 days last summer we were there.. Thankfully we had a free meal plan.. stayed at a Fort Wilderness Cabin.. not so great, but good enough to just sleep and get going the next day again.

I agree that the tipping used to be included, and they've cut back a bit. I experienced the same thing with the Hotel Program I'm involved in and is a bit of a downer.. so I can see where you're coming from.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:22 am

I tried a new company called CriggsTours. I was pretty skeptical at first, given the massive discount they offer compared to other resellers. I went ahead and it worked out really well! We got DisneyWorld tickets 3 day with park hopper and water parks for $208 per adult.
You cannot reach them by phone, they only have an email address for support. But I asked them to call me so I would get more info about them and they did.
I think they are small and new in the business, and don't have a lot of staff to answer calls but I will definitely use them again!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That price is too good to be true. I would be very, very skeptical of anyone selling me a 3 day hopper for only $208. That ticket at most ticket resellers is nearly $100 more. Most discounters save you only $10 or $15, at most, per ticket.

What is your relationship to this company?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by travel4life9
I tried a new company called CriggsTours. I was pretty skeptical at first, given the massive discount they offer compared to other resellers. I went ahead and it worked out really well! We got DisneyWorld tickets 3 day with park hopper and water parks for $208 per adult.
You cannot reach them by phone, they only have an email address for support. But I asked them to call me so I would get more info about them and they did.
I think they are small and new in the business, and don't have a lot of staff to answer calls but I will definitely use them again!
Hmmmm as a first post this seems a bit fishy!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Even the Great Google finds no mention at all of a "Criggs Tours".
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by JDiver
Even the Great Google finds no mention at all of a "Criggs Tours".
I did find the website. It is very, very basic. Just words with prices listed. There was a bit that said you didn't pay anything until you got your tickets. Way to iffy for my money.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:43 pm

I am going to Disney in two weeks and I have been looking for any discount like crazy. This is to good to be true. This company now has phone number and mailing address.

"For enquiries, please contact us by:

email - [email protected]

Tel - +19104270152

Mail - 244 5th Avenue, New York, NY,10001"

This phone is VoIP from NC. Mailing address is virtual office in NY. Already two red flags.
I did not call, but I sent e mail and asked how they selling tickets 100$ cheaper than everybody else. I will post their reply.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:29 am

Don't do it. Disney is moving toward tickets on Magic Bands and I think there aren't too many paper, or card tickets around.

If they're selling you the card tickets you have no way of knowing how many days remain on them and if you call Disney they won't tell you.

Have you tried the legitimate ticket brokers such as www.undercovertourist.com? You're not going to get much of a discount, but at least it's something.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Don't do it. Disney is moving toward tickets on Magic Bands and I think there aren't too many paper, or card tickets around.

If they're selling you the card tickets you have no way of knowing how many days remain on them and if you call Disney they won't tell you.

Have you tried the legitimate ticket brokers such as www.undercovertourist.com? You're not going to get much of a discount, but at least it's something.
Of course I would not buy thicket from this web site. Thanks for warning. I was just interested to see what is their story.
I bought tickets today in my local AAA. It wasn't big discount ( I saved around 20$) but I got real tickets and now I can go and sign for fastpass in advance. For 2o-30$ more than Disney price I could get extra day from undercover tourist (which will be better deal), but unfortunately I do not need extra day (we are staying there just 3 days).
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Costco?

What do they sell at the local Costco? I know in Anahiem when I when to DL they sold a good discounted tix at the local Costco. But how about Orlando? Or if we know someone from UCF they have pretty good Discount.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tdrag97
What do they sell at the local Costco? I know in Anahiem when I when to DL they sold a good discounted tix at the local Costco. But how about Orlando? Or if we know someone from UCF they have pretty good Discount.
Whatever is available changes from time to time. I did buy something there years ago.

Call up the closest one; they will tell you.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:15 am

I've never been to a local Costco.

However, from time to time, the local Walmart offers tickets at a discount.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tdrag97
What do they sell at the local Costco?
Forgot to say, check Sam's Club also. If not a member, check Groupon for a good deal right now.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Any local know what is the current discount?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:11 am

It's not that much... You can also get a discount on a few ticket sites as well as at AAA.

One of the ticket sites www.undercovertourist.com

But don't count on a very big discount. As in maybe $20 a ticket. It depends upon the length.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.