Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Do they have to honor their price even if it's a glitch?

Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Nevermind.

Last edited by resfeber; Apr 24, 2009 at 12:09 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:59 am

Not posting your entire comments here would be a good start to hoping that the price is honored.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Huh??
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

If anyone has anything helpful to contribute I would really appreciate it. I still haven't heard back from booking company yet.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:25 am

who, what, when, where, how, why?

if you want help, post some details, we are not mind readers.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Sorry, but my original post had all the details and then after the response I decided to take them all away.
To make a long story short, I found a very low fare on Momondo, directing me to sky-tours.com where I 'booked' the fare by filling out my passenger and billing info, including my credit card info. I then got an email right off showing my itinerary, as found, and that they would contact me in 3-18 hours if anything was wrong. So of course I didn't hear from them all day yesterday but when I woke up this morning, there was an email from them that was sent at 3am saying 'Unfortunately that fare is no longer available' and they suggested one that was $500 plus more than the fare I found (which is still be shown on momondo as one of their latest fares found on the site, except of course now it doesn't exist when you click on it).

Anyway, my original question was if the company would try to find a way out of it since it was a very obvious low fare, and if I could hold them to it. But now they've emailed as I suspected. I just think it's really shady how they waited until the last minute to let me know when it's obvious it's too late to find that fare now. Was it probably a glitch or mistake to start with? Who knows, but it's not my problem.

I still have the flight details from the itinerary they sent me if anyone wants to see. I won't be using either company any longer since they are unreliable in my eyes.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:35 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do anything about it. If the fare is not available, it is not available. The itinerary is not a ticket, and until you are ticketed, you don't have a leg to stand on. It sounds like you were never ticketed because the fare wasn't available. In fact, it's possible the fare was never available to begin with...since you have discovered they continue to advertise it when it's unavailable, maybe they were doing that all along.

I agree that they should not advertise a fare that is unavailable. In the future you should probably stick to more reputable travel agents.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I guess I figured momondo was a reliable fare search engine, but have now changed my mind.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
If they are still marketing a fare that is unavailable you could try your State AG's office. Wouldn't hold my breath though....
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I've checked a couple of times since and see that while the same crazy low fare isn't there, some very significantly lower fares can be found usually around midnight and then disappear the next morning. I wouldn't take any of their fares seriously again and won't be wasting my fare-searching time with them any longer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.