Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

How to book Premium Economy on Expedia or Travelocity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold

Hi,

Is there a way to book Premium Economy on Expedia or Travelocity? I only see Economy/Business/First as the options.

If there isn't a way, they really need to get their act together! Lots of airlines have premium economy these days.

Cheers,
Sankaps.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Good question. I don't know the answer. You may want to pose your question in the Online Travel Booking forum. There are lots of Expedia/Travelocity experts over there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:14 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Good question. I don't know the answer. You may want to pose your question in the Online Travel Booking forum. There are lots of Expedia/Travelocity experts over there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204
Moved to the above mentioned forum . Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Sep 9, 2008, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Thanks for moving this to the right forum.

I did some further digging and found Orbitz does not offer a premium economy option either. But strangely, Zuji.com, which is Travelocity's offshoot in Asia, does!

Odd that Travelocity does not offer this on their site then. I guess no US airline offers premium economy for sale yet, so that may be part of the reason.

But so many major airlines outside the US offer it now (BA, Virgin, AF/KLM, Qantas are the ones that jump to mind; SQ too until they decided to get rid of it recently and make their A345 aircraft all-business class) that I think it would be a good feature to add.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sankaps
But so many major airlines outside the US offer it now (BA, Virgin, AF/KLM, Qantas are the ones that jump to mind; SQ too until they decided to get rid of it recently and make their A345 aircraft all-business class) that I think it would be a good feature to add.
???
They probably are planning to eventually introduce it, but it's certainly not something offered at the moment.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:43 am

Expedia.com.au offers Premium Economy as a search option..

If that's of any use....

Note that this site only allows three city pairs in searches... and I suspect it will be "difficult" where PE is not available for all flights in a planned itinerary..

(I regularly book on Expedia.com.. so I assume folks overseas can book on the Aussie site as well...)
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:54 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I believe the issue is in the legacy systems powering all the travel providers in the US (including ours). I've made past inquiries on Premium Economy and at this time it's just not possible because of how old the airfare systems are. When they were made there was no Premium Economy. Hopefully this will be built-in sometime soon as you are all right - it is more and more prevalent every year.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Expedia.co.uk lets you book Premium Economy
Old Sep 25, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, LH, BMI, BA, HHilton
I have a buddy of mine that just started working for Orbitz. I'll have to see if they can do this as well, unless someone already knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.