Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Any experience booking with Vayama.com?

Any experience booking with Vayama.com?

Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
No help whatsoever from customer service agent

Booked a J class ticket from BOM-MAA-DEL to travel in March via 9W. Plans have changed and I don't have to go to DEL. So, I called to ask for a change request from MAA-DEL to MAA-BOM. Agent said they would send an email with the change request withing 2 days.

Well, within 2 minutes I get an email saying the change is not possible due to the fact that the airline does not operate that flight.

I look online and 9W operates approx 7 different flights a day from MAA-BOM. So, I call them back and the agent said that the airline will not allow them to change the flight so I have no choice but stick to the plan. I ask to cancel my ticket and since the tickets are "non-refundable", I will lose the money. I can ask for a refund, but she said that since the tickets are "non-refundable" , Vayoma will not refund the money.

I then asked about holding the credit for another flight. Even that is not possible.

Now, I did not know that the tickets are non-refundable, but like most airlines, you can keep the credit for up to a year and I assumed that would be the policy.

I have already decided to just bite the bullet, buy another one way ticket on 9W from MAA-BOM and skip the return leg from MAA-DEL.

I really don't know know whether I screwed up or this is normal operating procedure for companies like Vayoma. One thing is for sure, I will not recommend Vayoma to anyone or use them again.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:27 am

Please respond and provide your Vayama Trip ID. Once I have that detail I'll review your booking and provide a prompt response via email

Regards
David R
Director Customer Relations Vayama
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
If someone comes across this page - I must give you warning!

Most OTA follow the DOT rules given to the airlines - each customer booking with a US travel point (domestic or international) has the right to cancel for FULL refund within 24 hrs of booking a reservation. All US carriers honor this and most OTA (Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, CheapoAir, etc. etc.) follow to avoid losing business to direct airline books so they offer no fee changes/cancellations within 24 hrs if you change your mind.

Vayama - charged me $50 to cancel a reservation within the 24 hr period. Here is the insanity of it - they charged me $10 service fee for my ticket and the remainder was direct to the airline according to the confirmation invoice . Upon call within 24 hrs to cancel (changed my return date) - Vayama said they would refund me everything except $50. So, I haven't seen the charge yet but I anticipate they will charge me $40 additional dollars for a transaction they never submitted to the airline as I bought the ticket on Sunday evening and they have time to void (without processing).

Anyway, avoid this OTA even if cheaper as I have used them in the past but NEVER NEVER again. Go direct to airline or use alternate OTA competitors.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:51 am

An update on this issue - I must correct my prior post as Vayama has charged me $60 for cancelling within 24 hr for an airline which allows 24 hr risk-free cancellation.

1 Adult(s) $ 719.00
Taxes and agent-imposed Fees $ 168.16
Total $ 887.16 USD
NOTE: The Total displayed reflects the total cost of the original booking only and does not include any charges associated with subsequent changes.
* Charged on your Credit Card:
American Airlines $ 877.16 USD
Vayama $ 10.00 USD

Vayama voided the ticket so I was refunded 877.16 USD but Vayama kept its $10 PLUS charged me $50 additional.
NEVER USE THESE GUYS!! Even if a savings initially it will erase as shown in my example.

P.S. I have written to Kayak to remove this unreputable vendor from their search engine as I won't trust their results and use a competitor.

Last edited by RooseveltL; Mar 31, 2015 at 10:00 am Reason: P.S. Portion
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone knows other OTAs which use the same booking engine as Vayama? I found a good fare on Vayama but doesn't come up on expedia, orbitz or priceline. I rather not book with vayama due to its high fees.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Anyone knows other OTAs which use the same booking engine as Vayama? I found a good fare on Vayama but doesn't come up on expedia, orbitz or priceline. I rather not book with vayama due to its high fees.
Keep searching for any other OTA offering and even pay higher if necessary to avoid these guys.
Google.com/Flights
ITASoftware.com
SkyScanner.com
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:47 am

vayama is the worst be careful !!!!

I purchased 2 tickets for my family members and they couldn't travel. Airline agreed to refund the tickets but they refunded to Vayama.
And Vayama kept telling me that the airline refunded my credit card.
I had several e mails going back and forth because I was not seeing the refund.
Maya told me to wait for 5 months to see the refund.
Today they wrote me that they received the money by check from the airline.
If I would nt be on top of it they would have kept the money.
And lied about it.
Shame on them thiefs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.