Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Network?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Flight Network?

I was doing a search for a specific hotel and came across this website where you can book hotel rooms for a fraction of the actual cost. Just ended up booking a hotel in orlando that has a rate of US $260/night for a total of $120 for 2 nights. They've emailed me a voucher stating everything is paid for and I need to present the voucher on day of check in to the hotel. Is this Kosher? LOL
Or am I the victim of some scam?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

in case it wasn't clear, the website is www.flightnetwork.com
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:19 am

I have never heard of them.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:54 pm

Have you used the reservation yet? If not, when? If so, how'd it go? I'm thinking of using FlightNetwork for a Paris hotel. Interested to hear your experience with them.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors Silver, Pre✓®
The rates they list seem too reasonable. I am curious too. Too bad some airlines don't give points for mileage earned when you buy via sites like this and not directly through the airline.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I just ran through the site -- it's a usability train wreck, very disconcerting, and half the test trips I put into the search engine returned blank pages. The backer claims to be an Ontario TA that's been doing business since 1999. Judging from the condition of the site I wouldn't buy socks from FlightNetwork, let alone travel.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:52 am

I continued looking through it last night myself. Turns out that it's not a bad deal, but not a good one either. While most websites list European hotels with taxes included, flightnetwork does not. When you go to complete the booking, the price with taxes usually falls within a few % of more common travel websites. On a positive note, they are a member of the BBB and had only 2 complaints, both resolved, in the last 36 months. Still, I think I'll pass.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:12 pm

Hello

I just came across this thread will doing research on our SEO. If you enter flightnetwork on Google.ca this thread comes up on the second page. I am one of the managers at FlightNetwork.com

Just a little information about FlightNetowrk.com. We are a large online agency based just outside of Toronto. We specialize in discount international airfares (consolidator fares). We have about 80 employees and have a lot of traffic to our site. Check Alexa.com to compare us to Canadian competitors such as itravel2000.com and flightcentre.ca.

We are also part of the BBB as well as TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario) which regulates all travel agencies in Ontario

With respect to Hotels this is new product we are working on. We are displaying "consolidator type" hotels on FlightNetwork.com. This is new to online travel as these rates were mainly available to travel agents only. Hence, our hotel rules are "fenced in". Meaning you can get good hotel rates but the rules are stricter. For example if you cancel our hotel booking the penalty is $50. If you cancel within 3 days the penalty is one night and $50. In return for these "fenced in" rules you can get much lower rates. (Similar to consolidator airfares).

For example I am going to a personal cruise in a few weeks. I got a hotel at the Loews for $260 a night in Miami. The Loews directly and Expedia were around $460. If you can get the same rate at the Hotel directly, (or close) you should book there for the relaxed changed and cancellation penalties.

I hope you don't mind posts like this on the forum. I know we have to make improvements on our site and booking engines. Any opinions on how we could do that would be welcome.

Thanks

Naman
Old Nov 13, 2007, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Now that FT has a dedicated Forum for Online Booking Agencies, this thread would be appropriate for that forum. Please continue to follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 14, 2007, 5:35 am

Naman,
Thanks for posting and welcome to FlyerTalk. I guess the original question was whether or not flightnetwork.com was on the up-and-up. By all accounts, it appears to be. The next question is, "Is it a good deal?" I guess that's still to be determined, but at least it's not a bad deal. We do appreciate your input here - provider input is always welcomed at FlyerTalk and a good indicator of a trusted provider. Based on this, I'll keep flightnetwork.com in my Bookmarks and keep you in mind for our February Paris trip and others down the road.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:56 am

Naman
Welcome to FT!
While FT doesn't allow advertising, you can certainly answer questions about your product. If you are attempting to be a "middle-ground" between PL and websites like Expedia,I'm sure you'll find many interested travelers here at FT.
It would be nice if your site had flex dates and showed a calendar (like AF's) with price changes on specific dates.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Smile

I did end up using flightnetwork for a booking in Orlando. NO problems whatsoever. I stayed at the Doubletree Orlando at Universal. Ended up paying about $65 Canadian a night which included tax for two nights. The cheapest I could find that hotel anywhere was $225/night for the same dates! The hotel and service were fantastic.

The only hitch is that once you make a booking, you cannot call the hotel directly regarding it. The booking is handled through one of their consolidators, and only 24hrs before your arrival, is the hotel informed of your name and other booking details. When you check in, you have to present a voucher that's been emailed to you, and that's it. Hell of a lot cheaper than booking direct, and much more transparent than priceline and hotwire, but with the same kind of pricing.

I think i've found my new booking engine.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA, HHilton, Starwood
Were you able to request 2 double beds ? It seems that it is up to the hotel to give you whatever they have depending on availability.

I like the prices they show but concerned about not receiving the room choice I want.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
Were you able to request 2 double beds ? It seems that it is up to the hotel to give you whatever they have depending on availability.

I like the prices they show but concerned about not receiving the room choice I want.
I requested a King Non Smoking room, and ended up with 2 Double Beds non smoking, so no big deal. And also, doesn't really matter how far advance you book with a hotel (except maybe Marriott chain), you're never really guaranteed any specific choices. You get what the hotel has available. So using this service isn't that big a risk.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FlightNetwork, some of the prices you're quoting for hotels are great.
If you're able to charge in US dollars, you may want to have a Euro facility as well.

Last edited by graraps; Dec 2, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.