Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is this forum to be used like Sheyr's board??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2001, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

just like it asks
Old Jul 9, 2001, 4:45 am

If it has to do with "Online Travel Booking and Bidding", then why not?

In fact, the topic has the following text:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Share and learn all the secrets of winning bids on Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire and more.
</font>
-David

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited 07-09-2001).]
Old Jul 10, 2001, 12:36 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would say (and I have no official capacity to "make it so") that stuff that should go on Sheryl's board should go on Sheryl's board only, because if you look at the number of posts there, a single category such as this will get overwhelmed. More importantly, the Priceline board has so much more inormation and is organized in a more useful manner, I'm not sure why anyone would use this board for that kind of information.

As we have been discussing a little today in another thread, I think (again the disclaimer, I am not trying to be King and I have no authority to "make it so") a better use of this space would be topics that are off-topic at Sheryl's board but related to bidding, which there are a few ...

Just my 1 mile ...
Old Jul 12, 2001, 2:11 am

I read the other topic, and I guess we can agree to disagree on this. Nobody should be chastised for posting bids here or there or on both boards.

-David
Old Jul 12, 2001, 9:28 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LIH Prem:
I read the other topic, and I guess we can agree to disagree on this. Nobody should be chastised for posting bids here or there or on both boards.

-David
</font>
I would never chastise anyone for posting something ... only offering my opinion that this board would become unnecessarilly cluttered if we did that because there is only a single board.

AGAIN emphasizing this is just my opinion, I think the best use of this "space" would be for the type of discussions ... well, that are currently going on
Old Jul 13, 2001, 3:20 am

I didn't mean to imply that you personally would chastise anybody for posting here.

I think if people are smart about using and reusing proper subject titles that it can work. If there are enough topics posted, FT staff will most certainly expand this into its own area, like they did with General Traveltalk.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.