Search

Priceline 😡😡😡

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Priceline 😡😡😡

I booked a motel through Priceline.
I got to the motel checked in they gave me a room
i get up to the room and it smells like piss, the floor hadn't been swept or vacuumed, the ac vent was dirty and the bath tub was dirty as well.
I march back down to the front office and explain the issue to the desk clerk and he gives me another room.
i go up to the second room and it's dirty too! The floor hadn't been swept or vacuumed, there's change on the nightstand and on the floor by the bed. I call the front desk and ask if someone can come up and at least clean the floor. He says there's no one on duty. I then ask if he could send me a broom so I could clean the floor so my son and I could play on the floor.
About 30 mins later, still no broom and I look up out the corner of my eye and there's a ROACH crawling across my door.
I pick up my son and the things we brought in and headed right back to the front office. When I get there I calmly explain the situation, I tell the clerk that I want to check out and I will not be staying.
He explains to me that he's done his part as far as refunding the full amount back to me but my next steps are to call Priceline and request my refund.
i call Priceline, the Customer Care tells me he's going to refund me my money. I ask how long does it take to come back to my card he tells me two to three days.
i explain to him that I'm homeless and sleeping in my car with my 3 year old son and that I can't wait 3 days.
He escalates my consent to the manager, the manager then asks me if I'm sure if I wanted to cancel my reservation. I said yeah. Is there anyway we could book or move my reservation. He says no.
At this point I'm a little heart broken to have my kid sleeping in the car again.
Needless to say it's been a week and i still don't have my refund.
I called Priceline they tell me contact my bank, I call my bank and they tell me to contact Priceline. Idk what to do.
Many help, or advice?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'd probably jump right to a credit card dispute with your bank if you're convinced Priceline is not going to refund your money.

i know with some airline refunds I've had in the past that they say to allow two billing statements to receive the credit, and usually it appears within a few days, but they cover their bases and tell you to expect a longer time for the refund to appear.

Why did you decide to sleep in your car for 3 days? Why not just go stay at another hotel?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

To tom

i had to sleep in my car because other than the money that I had for food and gas that was it for a room.
Trust me if I had enough to go to another hotel/motel I would have done so
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You have to check online reviews for hotels to get an idea what they'll be like. With some of Priceline's deals, you don't know what the hotel is until after you book so you are kind of stuck.

You are actually a little lucky that Priceline agreed to cancel the reservation, as that is often very difficult.

Hope things start getting better for you soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.