Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

looking for best price - best time to book tickets - YOW - HYD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

what is the best time to book tickets. Planning to travel last mid November and return end of December this year.

can I book now and wait for a month for better prices?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by ramnag
what is the best time to book tickets. Planning to travel last mid November and return end of December this year.

can I book now and wait for a month for better prices?
There really isn't anything sure as to when to book. Rates are likely to start climbing within the 2 month window.

There seems to be some slight evidence that one can find better rates mid-week as opposed to weekend.

Research a bunch until you have a handle on what is currently a good price. Then search for "airfare alerts" and set several of those. If you aren't familiar with alerts, some websites let you post you trip details and then will send you a message if the price drops. If you do this and get a message, don't stop to ponder. Buy immediately. Some deals only last hours, or even less. But then ... ponder the rest of the 24-hour free cancellation period, just in case you were too hasty.

The only way you can book now and wait for a better price is if you purchase a more expensive refundable ticket. The bargain ones are NOT refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.