Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels.com Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:45 am
FTA
Original Poster

Hotels.com Help

Anyone have experience with Hotels.com repeatedly cancelling bookings? Hotels.com blames the credit card. Credit card says Hotels.com is reversing the charges after they've been approved. I have tried multiple cards and other people's cards

Also I tried to pay with Paypal instead. But every time after I try to log into Paypal I get this
"Sorry, we can't complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

Thank you
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I haven't run into the problem, but I suspect the people that have will first ask you for more details. You might as well post now and get ahead.

Country of your card and country of your booking would be a good start.

Maybe which card vendors.

Has Paypal worked successfully for you in other transactions, so you are sure it is set up OK?

Anything else you think could be useful you are willing to post. These sorts of issues need exact detailed specifics.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:05 pm
FTA
Original Poster

Thanks for replying Romelle.

I'm in the US, US IP address. All cards are US. Have tried cards from all the agencies, however they all have the same billing address. All hotels are in the US and within a few hundred miles of each other, so its not like I'm simultaneously booking in Alaska and FL. All cards and Paypal work fine with other retailers.

One odd thing, 1 of my attempts, Hotels.com waited about 3 business days before cancelling. All the other attempts were cancelled the very next business day. Hotels.com never attempted to contact me for any of the attempts

This is the 1st time I've used Hotels.com as far as I can remember. I have used Hotels.com's other brands before, a long time ago though.

Last edited by FTA; Jun 5, 2017 at 9:03 pm
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:32 am

That is indeed curious.

I looked this up to be sure, so thought I'd share. Hotels.com other brands - Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Trivago and CarRentals.

Further thoughts:

Tried using a different computer?

Cleared related cookies?

Getting a new credit card with maybe your workplace address (or even an accommodating neighbor/friend address)?

It sounds like it is some weird same-name situation where the other guy is a deadbeat. Or something similar.

I now also hope somebody with a related experience chimes in here. I'm curious, and you could use the help.

Romelle
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards
sounds like fraud prevention kicking in
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by travelguyusa02
sounds like fraud prevention kicking in
But what would trigger it, and how could OP fix it??
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:47 pm
FTA
Original Poster

I've been at the billing address for numerous years, so shouldn't be a previous customer. I have cleared cookies. Haven't tried a different computer or changing the billing address.

Edit: noticed Orbitz accepts MasterPass so I signed up for it. But just like Paypal it errors out after I log into it.

They're definitely blocking me for some reason.

Last edited by FTA; Jun 6, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.