Korean Air Online Booking

Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Korean Air Online Booking

Does anyone know why you can only book Korean on line from the gateway cities and not from any connecting cities? As an example, I can book R/T from ATL to BKK on line, but not from MCO/BKK. Most other international carriers allow you to book on line from all cities and you can go on line to check pricing and flights. It seems pretty ridiculous to have to call customer service to find out what the pricing and flight times are from various cities through the KAL gateway cities. If I wanted to check MCO/ATL/BKK or MCO/JFK/BKK or MCO/ORD/BKK, or even TPA/ATl/BKK I would have to waste time with customer service on the phone. Also, if I want to use my Skypass miles I can only find the miles needed from their gateway cities and not from other cities. I'm wondering if the amount mileage needed is the same from ATL a gateway city and from MCO through ATL.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Is there no one on this forum that has booked tickets on Korean utilizing Skypass miles?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Moderator pls move to KE forum (or DL forum) as the inquiries concern KE and DL Skypass.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
When you are saying "on line", what site? I'm assuming Korean Air's site, but wasn't sure.

On www.delta.com I can see flights MCO/BKK with legs on Korean Air. I didn't try the various OTAs, but suspect Korean Air would also show up on them.

At least on Delta, I've sometimes found required mileage to be the same from a connecting city and from a gateway city.

You also can request a moderator to move your post to another forum, but SK AAR may have already taken care of that for you.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Romelle
When you are saying "on line", what site? I'm assuming Korean Air's site, but wasn't sure.

On www.delta.com I can see flights MCO/BKK with legs on Korean Air. I didn't try the various OTAs, but suspect Korean Air would also show up on them.

At least on Delta, I've sometimes found required mileage to be the same from a connecting city and from a gateway city.

You also can request a moderator to move your post to another forum, but SK AAR may have already taken care of that for you.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Yes, I was talking about the Korean Airlines website. When I try to book Orlando/Bangkok, either with miles or with cash, it does not recognize. Atlanta/Bangkok, New York/Bangkok, or any of the other gateway cities it automatically allows me to book. Although you can pick Orlando or any other city from their drop down menu. But, it will not allow booking from those cities. That would entail calling customer service and going through the hassle of trying to find appropriate flights, etc. Not to mention the language barrier if one has to speak with a Korean.

Thanks for your reply.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Moderator pls move to KE forum (or DL forum) as the inquiries concern KE and DL Skypass.
Don't understand why my inquiry has anything to do with Delta. I'm inquiring about Korean Airlines Skypass miles not Delta Skymiles. I do think I'm on the correct forum as it is Korean Airlines forum is it not?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/
Old May 1, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, this is not the Korean Airline forum...

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I read it like you meant Delta Skymiles. I agree that this has nothing to do with DL; my appologies.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
No, this is not the Korean Airline forum...

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I read it like you meant Delta Skymiles. I agree that this has nothing to do with DL; my appologies.
No offense taken. Sometimes it's difficult to know exactly where messages should go on the Flyertalk forum. I guess that I often get into the wrong forum as do other people, I notice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.