Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

I accidentally made a booking same hotel on Priceline and Orbitz , meant cancel both

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I accidentally made a booking same hotel on Priceline and Orbitz , meant cancel both

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

instead i forgot to cancel the booking on priceline, so the hotel charged me a one night penalty for a no show

any chance they will give this back to me
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Is the stay in the future or has it already passed?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
So basically you still had 1 reservation but forgot to cancel it. Now you would like the hotel to refund the no-show charged. Well, many things are possible in life, and I guess you could contact the hotel pleading your case (but I don't really know what your arguments should be), but if you ask me it is as unlikely as snow in hell that the hotel will reverse the no-show charge - why should they?

I guess for you it is a lesson learned, right. Move on, get over it.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May I add that your heading is misleading. It wasn't by accident that you made two reservation (on 2 separate websites) - the mistake was that you only cancelled one of the reservations (most likely you forgot that you had made 2 reservations, right?)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
May I add that your heading is misleading. It wasn't by accident that you made two reservation (on 2 separate websites) - the mistake was that you only cancelled one of the reservations (most likely you forgot that you had made 2 reservations, right?)
yes, i only cancelled one.

yes, i know its a lesson learned, my mistake, i should have known better and i usually dont make dumb mistakes.

wondering if anyone had any luck pleading stupidity
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:12 am

What I do is call up the hotel for the 2nd reservation and ask them to move it to next week due to a change of plans if it falls during the time when the room cannot be cancelled and 1 night would be charged. Then I call back a few hours later and cancel the reservation for next week no questions asked.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is completely different from the facts of the initial post. At least you remembered to call the hotel to cancel (but after the deadline for cancellation). The OP didn't make that call and was charged for no-show.

My experience is that it is not even necessary to do the cancellation in 2 steps (you suggest to postpone first and cancel later on). If you call the property explaining that you will not make it and ask for them to cancel your stay many/most hotels will do so even if you call after cancellation deadline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.