Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

I Only Fly First Class - are they legit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum

Has anyone come across the above firm, and do you think they are legit?

They're offering some very attractive business class deals. However, they say that they can do so because they "...book all our flights using award miles from airline loyalty programs. We purchase airline miles at wholesale from people and companies that accumulate millions of them, then pass the savings onto you..."

Is the above even allowed by many/any airline frequent flyer programmes? If not then presumably the tickets are voidable by the relevant airline?

Thanks,

Too Much Travel
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I'm surprised you ask such a question. Based on your profile, you are member of BA, CX, LH, and KLM. Are you aware off those programs rules? I'm sure that somewhere in there, it mentions that you can not sell miles. That pretty much answer all the questions.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Of course they aren't legit
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I shall dust down the "if it sounds too good to be true" quote. Give me a minute or two I just need to see where I left it.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
It's almost always easier/cheaper to MS or buy your own miles.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Thanks all - that's what I suspected and therefore thought it best to check. The offer sounded too good to be true!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
The company is registered in Hong Kong. They seem to be very open about the fact that they buy lots of points so I wonder if in Hong Kong, where the ticket is likely to be issued, it is OK to purchase miles and resell them as tickets.

Their "blog section" has not been updated since 1.5.2016 (not sure if May 1 or January 5); either way I doubt they have very legit.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Too much travel
Has anyone come across the above firm, and do you think they are legit?
<snip>
Is the above even allowed by many/any airline frequent flyer programmes? If not then presumably the tickets are voidable by the relevant airline?l
No. Not legit. There is a risk any flight will not be honoured.
All ffps' do not allow selling ff miles/points to others.
A minority of ffp's allow you to transfer to others. Often with a hefty fee.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...solidated.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 18, 2017 at 11:11 am Reason: added not
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No. Not legit. There is a risk any flight will not be honoured.
All ffps' do allow selling ff miles/points to others.
A minority of ffp's allow you to transfer to others. Often with a hefty fee.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...solidated.html
I think you mean do not allow.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yes they do it anyway..

I've known people who say that they got a fair deal flying from Paris to Sydney for 3000 euros in First Class. They know it's bought miles from someone else's account. They don't know the logistics but they don't care. They are in First class.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Feb 16, 2017 at 6:14 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 19, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA , SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, United, Aeroplan, Hyatt Plat
just go check out their facebook review. facebook you can't delete or change reviews so just check if they have any flights cancelled
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
I sat next to a guy in F on a flight from JFK to CDG, he told me about this site and said he had used them for several years and except for one occasion they delivered every time, the snafu on the one occasion was there was a flight change and there was no seat availability for the new dates and ticket could not be refunded. I will give them a call and see what they say in terms of costs/flights.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:28 pm

I have used them for several years now and are totally legitimate. I've never had one issue with the.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
The company is registered in Hong Kong. They seem to be very open about the fact that they buy lots of points so I wonder if in Hong Kong, where the ticket is likely to be issued, it is OK to purchase miles and resell them as tickets.

Their "blog section" has not been updated since 1.5.2016 (not sure if May 1 or January 5); either way I doubt they have very legit.
keisari -- They are absolutely open to exactly how their business model works. They are also a legit company and registered in Hong Kong. You can't register a company if you aren't legit. You are monitored on your business practices. They are still around and doing well. I use them often as I travel a great deal.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF WP
SQuandt I’m sure you’re not trying to come across as a paid shill for the company but it might be worth your while taking a deep breath and reading the multiple responses you’ve posted, reviving a 2+ year old thread, and consider how they might read to an impartial observer...
keisari and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.