Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Fare error booked and cancelled 10days after legal? lastminute.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

I looking for help
I've booked 10 days ago a fare error from lastminute.com ( uk version )
today i recived an first email with :
"following your request of cancellation of your reservation nr. xxxxxxxx, ( as per communication sent yesterday) we would like to kindly inform you that we will transfer total amount with the ORIGINAL METHOD OF PAYMENT used for your reservation as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation email as soon as we complete the transaction.

I called them strait and after a lot of discution they told me it was cancelet because they made a fare error they put that on email :
"We regret to inform you that, due to a fare filing error, your ticket was advertised and issued at an undeniable and recognisably erroneous fareand the airline has​ therefore annulled it. As a result of this, we regret to inform you that your booking has been cancelled.
Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Rest assured, we will immediately refund the entire amount that was charged for this booking via the same card you used to make the reservation.​ Please note it may take few days for the refund to appear on your account’s statement."
I have read the CGU and i found this :
the booking request made by the user via the Website, after having read and accepted these terms and conditions, forms a contractual proposal to the airline or service provider of the selected travel ticket booking, up until your order is either accepted or refused by the airline, and you will be informed of the outcome promptly by email within a maximum of 3 working days.

I'm not aware with international law and british law , in france if a price is affiched they have to sell it this price, also in this case the booking was already done and paid.
Than should be normal then they will not be able to takeback what they sold.
If you go to the supermarket and they sell you something they will not be able to come to your place and grab it.

So if someone have any advice on what i can and should do, that will be much apreaciate

Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Unless its Brazil, pretty much have no recourse. Maybe EC 261 if cancellation was less than 2 weeks before departure
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to FlyerTalk cyrus46.

Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for relocated the post I wasn't able to find the proper place to post it

It was for Australia = ABZ to BNE
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
Unless its Brazil, pretty much have no recourse. Maybe EC 261 if cancellation was less than 2 weeks before departure
No the flight is for 18 may
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think you have no hope in getting this reinstated. How much was the fare and how did you know it was a mistake (before they told you)?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think you have no hope in getting this reinstated. How much was the fare and how did you know it was a mistake (before they told you)?

298.75 round trip for Australia
I get it on a website that reference great deal and fare error
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I don't understand...if you knew it was an error then why are you even complaining? You really thought that a fare of €/Ł300 from Scotland to Australia was going to be honoured? Please get real, you have no chance of anybody doing anything about this. Comparisons with supermarkets are wrongly placed. Just find a real fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.