Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline refunds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Priceline refunds

Everyone says; and Priceline reiterates that you can't get a hotel refund, but in the last month, I have called Priceline customer service and have received complete refunds on 3 separate occasions.
I explained I had a medical reason and they refunded my charges.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Was this for a name your price bid or the regular OTA side? The regular side it's rather possible depending on the terms and how sympathetic the agent is. For the bidding I'd be somewhat surprised.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
If you really had medical reasons all three times, good for them.

If you didn't, I'm not sure why you bothered to join FT to post this, unless it's to brag anonymously that you were able to cheat a legitimate business. If they find out (every travel company monitors FT), that will hurt genuinely ill people in the future. I don't think that's something I'd be proud of.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Efrem, thanks, for your response. Your concern is appreciated. My medical reasons were legitimate.
I posted my comments to give Priceline a humane face and to commend them for understanding.
Sadly, I didn't post my comments in the correct terminology to convey that response and you took my post as way to circumvent the Priceline guidelines. That was not my intention.
Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.
I'll be more vigilant in expressing any future posts.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rickewal
Efrem, thanks, for your response. Your concern is appreciated. My medical reasons were legitimate...
I can't say I'm glad you had medical reasons that required you to cancel a trip - that would be pretty heartless, wouldn't it? - but I appreciate the explanation, and I'm glad Priceline was flexible enough to realize that some situations call for modifying its usual business practices. I hope your future travels are free of medical reasons to cancel.

And, belatedly, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.