Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Getting airline to match Google flights price? (Austrian)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg

I am looking at a flight with Austrian that is showing £1800 in Google flights, and the info gives a booking phone number for Austrian, and says the price includes the booking fee.
When I called to book, they want to charge me £2080. I asked the agent why the price was higher, she said "maybe google flights have a special discount". ...?

The lower price is still showing on Google flights, and has been for several days. Is there any way to actually get that price? I had Austrian make the reservation for me, but I haven't yet paid.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:38 am

See if you can find the lower price using kayak, hipmunk and similar.

Google flights often shows a wrong or unavailable flight so the airline is not going to match it.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Originally Posted by watersign
The lower price is still showing on Google flights, and has been for several days. Is there any way to actually get that price? I had Austrian make the reservation for me, but I haven't yet paid.
Sometimes the price you see on Google Flights is a cached version and the fare isn't available anymore. Try to do what erik123 told you.. sometimes you can find the same price in an OTA that didn't updated their system yet..
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by psbaj
Sometimes the price you see on Google Flights is a cached version and the fare isn't available anymore. Try to do what erik123 told you.. sometimes you can find the same price in an OTA that didn't updated their system yet..
Typically, however, an OTA that has cached, no longer valid fares will not honor the fare, so this isn't really a workaround.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Google flight do not sell tickets. You can not get the airline to honor it.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:24 pm

sign up for airline discount codes. some fares are not available without them. its how i found google price on quatar airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.