Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Roomrevealer.com: A new way to identify Hotwire and Priceline Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: roomrevealer.com - Identify Hotwire and Priceline Hotels

Greetings Flyertalk Members,
I have built a new website, http://roomrevealer.com for identifying/revealing opaque hotels on Hotwire.com and Priceline.com (express deals). It is ready to be tested by experienced booking/bidders such as yourselves and I would value your feedback while using the site.

You use http://roomrevealer.com by searching for the area your "mystery" hotel is located in as defined by Hotwire or Priceline. Type in "North Strip - Fashion Show Mall" if you were trying to find a specific hotel on Hotwire located in Las Vegas. You can also select the star rating or amenities to filter results. Next you will get a list of hotels. Match your "mystery" hotel's information, such as rating/amenities, with the hotel list to identify your hotel.

The hotels are pre-identified ahead of time through a secret identification algorithm that uses information about the hotels and individual user's hotel bookings. I try to keep the information updated frequently so you always get up-to-date information. Not every hotel can be identified on the site, but there are still tens of thousands of hotels identified in the database.

The database mostly includes hotels in the USA and Canada, but there are some popular international cities as well. I've evaluated the accuracy of the identifications to be near 99%. No revealer site can be 100% accurate and I've noticed many of the errors in mine are obvious ones where the hotel is in the wrong area or there are two of the same identified hotels with completely different details.

I started working on this type of identification tool several years ago when I was trying to identify a hotel on Hotwire and existing hotel revealing sites were too frustrating to use. My goal was to make a site easier to use, with more information, and better accuracy than any competing site. I hope the members here will help me evaluate if I have succeeded in this goal.

This thread approved by Jabez.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.